fires in Col. springs

The fires here in Colorado Springs is really getting big, on the news right now it says that 15,324 acres have burned and 32,000 evacuees so far, and what is bad is they just said that there are scammers out there trying to take advantage of the people here. In another note on the television it showed a firefighter carrying out a deer fawn. Part of the Air Force Academy has been evacuated and the Flying W ranch has burned down.
I was going to a meeting last night at 6 PM and at one point the clouds from the fires were so intense and thick it COMPLETELY cut off the sun, completely, I had to turn my headlights on and the smoke was so intense that a friend who was with me ,92 years old, started sneezing and the ash was so thick that was fallling from the fire that I had to rinse my truck off this morning. It got so bad that we just turned around and went home.
Pray for the firefighters, police and all who are in harms way.

You guys stay safe out there. I've been following it on the news and its not good. I hope you all get some cooler weather and those winds die down soon.

Thanks GunninIt, appreciate it.
Right now they are saying 346 homes lost, 29 sq miles burned,perhaps 10 people unaccounted for, 39,000 evacuated, 1000 firefighters on groung, 3 air force C-130s dropping fire retardent, 2 Ibelieve helicopters. They are saying the worst fire ever in Colorado.

an update on fire
16,750 acres burned, less than they reported yesterday
1 confirmed dead and an individual in the same home where they found the individual is missing
1,118 firefighter on scene
8 MAFFS

an update on fire
16,750 acres burned, less than they reported yesterday
1 confirmed dead and an individual in the same home where they found the individual is missing
1,118 firefighter on scene
8 MAFFS firefighting retardant planes on scene
347 homes burned
Obama just arrived about an hour ago

As of Monday 2 July, the Waldo Canyon fire is 55% contained. Most of the residents have been allowed back in except for the Mt. Shadows folks (where most of the 347 homes burned). Two people died. Some areas still on pre-evacuate orders.

Areas up near Woodland Park (Cascade, Green Mt. Falls) had bears everywhere because folks have been gone for over a week and did not have time to put their trash up as they were ordered to get out. So the bears have been enjoying ripe, good trash to go through. The DoW has had to get in and try and shoo the bears away.

Greg

Back