Final two days of the season

Bob Peters

I just wanted to wish everyone good luck for the last two days of the South Dakota pheasant season. I am a MN native who hunts MN, IA, and SD the last 3 years. Instead of arguing how much licenses cost, and if they're worth buying, I'd just like to say to anyone hunting in the Southern Dakota territory... good luck, I hope you get a rooster or two, and more importantly I hope the dog(s) get on a hot scent and flush and retrieve a rooster for you. My best buddy and I were trying to get out the last two weeks of the season but it just didn't work out. Don't take these last two days for granted, there are many on this board who would give anything to see their four-legged hunting buddy retrieve one last bird on the season!!

Attachments

• 20220101_200620.jpg
    20220101_200620.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
My intentions were to hunt, but fishing with a long rod got in the way today. Even nicer tomorrow and Monday. Unless I get a call, the roosters are safe for the rest of the season. Walleyes better hide though.

Couldn't pass up a couple nice days to fish. Maybe today ill stretch the dogs legs out a bit..:)
20220130_154441.jpg

Attachments

• 20220129_122503.jpg
    20220129_122503.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • 20220129_084354.jpg
    20220129_084354.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 20
  • 20220129_134507.jpg
    20220129_134507.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
I just wanted to wish everyone good luck for the last two days of the South Dakota pheasant season. I am a MN native who hunts MN, IA, and SD the last 3 years. Instead of arguing how much licenses cost, and if they're worth buying, I'd just like to say to anyone hunting in the Southern Dakota territory... good luck, I hope you get a rooster or two, and more importantly I hope the dog(s) get on a hot scent and flush and retrieve a rooster for you. My best buddy and I were trying to get out the last two weeks of the season but it just didn't work out. Don't take these last two days for granted, there are many on this board who would give anything to see their four-legged hunting buddy retrieve one last bird on the season!!
Nice pic.Montana ended Jan 1.

My intentions were to hunt, but fishing with a long rod got in the way today. Even nicer tomorrow and Monday. Unless I get a call, the roosters are safe for the rest of the season. Walleyes better hide though.
Love the cast and blast pics. For me (personal decision) I would choose the pheasants 100% of the time over walleye. I absolutely love fishing, it's just that I've caught thousands of fish, living in MN walleye are so easy to catch, and a pheasant is more of a rarity(for me). I could go and catch a limit of walleye with my eyes closed, but to harvest a rooster is always a challenge. Lots of days catching 25+walleye but still no limit of pheasant😅 1643878448527.jpeg

Back