Favorite shotgun?

I’m not even going to start down that road. I’ve got some that I don’t think I’ll ever get rid of because I felt each would be the pheasant gun to end all pheasant guns when I bought them. So each has been a favorite for a while. The favorite that I should’ve kept was an SKB Waterfowler. Had to sell that to fund some life changes after my divorce. I’ve been trying to find that gun’s equal for 15 years.

Beretta A400 20GA is my new favorite after last season, looking at getting a 28GA to complete the set of A400's

Every time I get a 20, I wind up talking myself into leaving it at home. Nothing wrong with it, I just feel more comfortable with a 12. Probably brainwashed.

This is like asking which of my kids is my favorite.

That said, my two latest favorites.

1919 proof dates, no manufacturer name, German, likely Sauer action. 5# 15oz of joy to carry 16 gauge.

And a 1965 proofed Simson 12 gauge. 6# 12 oz. just got it a few weeks ago. Hope it works on dove next week.

View attachment 9323

View attachment 9324

My Beretta Silver Pigeon 1 in 20 GA is my favorite. Really starting to love the 20 GA shell, I just picked up a Beretta A400 Lite in 20 GA as well that might just end up being my new waterfowl gun relegating my Browning Maxus to a back up gun.

After last season I won't carry around a 12ga unless I have to, 20ga is like carrying around a toy it's so light. And from the results I had I never felt under gunned out in the field, I could still effectively kill at 40+ yds with my 20ga. Hoping to complete my set of A400's this fall or early next spring.

After last season I won't carry around a 12ga unless I have to, 20ga is like carrying around a toy it's so light. And from the results I had I never felt under gunned out in the field, I could still effectively kill at 40+ yds with my 20ga. Hoping to complete my set of A400's this fall or early next spring.

Do you use 2-3/4” or 3” shells for pheasant in your 20? I have to admit that I’ve got an urge to buy a Montefeltro in 20.

If I'm not swinging a 391 urika 20 ga then I'm more than likely shooting AL390 silver mallard. These B guns are what fit me the best.

Do you use 2-3/4” or 3” shells for pheasant in your 20? I have to admit that I’ve got an urge to buy a Montefeltro in 20.

I was using the new Hevi-X last year in 3" #4's and they worked great. I see this year they are making #6's in the same shell so I might pick up a couple boxes of those as well to try out and see how they do, might just be a early season shell for the first couple weeks and then make the switch to #4's for the rest of the season.

Last year started hunting with a new Browning citori superlight
26in. Barrels and English straight stock. Fast and light love it.

The one that's in my hand. Currently the only one I have is an 870 express. I can carry it all day no problem and even with the 26 in barrel, it packs a punch and knocks them down. Already counting down til next year.

I now have a Winchester 101 O/U that I bought last year as my first double. I proceeded to get my first double on pheasants with a double in early January. It’s still my favorite, but I also won a Weatherby Pump 12 gauge in March at the Northern Colorado banquet, that I haven’t even fired yet.

Was using a Browning Citori 12 ga for years but my son took that when he won a Ruger Red Label 12 ga and gave that to me. Shoots better than I do.

Back