Favorite Recipe Thread ?

JMc

Super Moderator
Based on the favorite snack post: how about a recipe thread?

That thread/sub-forum makes more sense than some I've seen suggested. Thanks Jim, I'll second that idea..............Bob

Venison Chili

I'll start. You ain't had no chili like this before.......

Venison Chili

3 tablespoons unsalted butter

1 small red onion, chopped

4 cloves garlic, minced

¼ cup dark brown sugar

3 cups red wine (Port works well)

¼ cup red wine vinegar

¼ cup tomato paste

4 cups low-sodium chicken broth

1 teaspoon ground cumin

½ teaspoon cayenne pepper

½ teaspoon chili powder

2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

salt to taste

9 slices bacon, diced

2 pounds venison, diced

2 cups black beans, cooked and drained

Melt butter in large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in brown sugar and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine, vinegar, tomato paste, chicken stock, cumin, cayenne pepper, chili powder, cilantro and salt. Simmer 30-35 minutes or until reduced by about half.

Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned. Move bacon to one side of the pan and add venison to the other. Season with salt to taste. Sauté 15 minutes or until browned. Stir in beans and toss all together. Transfer to simmering pot.

Mix and let simmer for about an hour.

how about stuffed jalopenos take your pepper and split length ways then put cream cheese in there and some pheasant wich is just browned not cooked then after you have those two things in there wrap a piece of bacon around the whole thing using a toothpick to hold together put it in the oven at 400 degrees until the bacon is done but beware its like pringles you cant eat just one and neither can your guests:cheers:

how about stuffed jalopenos take your pepper and split length ways then put cream cheese in there and some pheasant wich is just browned not cooked then after you have those two things in there wrap a piece of bacon around the whole thing using a toothpick to hold together put it in the oven at 400 degrees until the bacon is done but beware its like pringles you cant eat just one and neither can your guests:cheers:

Ah Heartburn.

no they arent so spicy after you take out the seeds and veins sorry i forgot to mention that and i should also mention that you may want to wear rubber gloves while deveining becouse you will inevitably need to scratch your nose

another great recipe is fried pheasant but instead of using flour for your mix take 2 bags of original doritos and a rolling pin make the chips into a powder and use that as your covering it really adds a nice and different tast to pheasant

Pheasant parmesan with homemade marinara sauce, or the stuffed jalapenos but with pieces of dove instead of pheasant.

deer steaks wrapped in blue and gold bacon and seasoned with your favor seasoning on the charcoal grill with a little hickory or mesquite chips for some smokey flavoring.

the best recipe I have is duck or goose on a board put the duck or goose on the board and cook until done then throw the bird away and eat the board it will taste better LOL

Lol. Good one. I was once mocked by duck hunters for being a "chicken hunter". I told them at least chicken tastes better than mud and my springer could out swim there labs, shut them up. We fry a lot of our game and serve with mashed potatoes, white gravy, and sweet peas. Can't go wrong with that.

i dont know about you but my idea of fun isnt standing in ice cold water waiting on some bird to fly over or sitting in a blind cold as hell cause the heater dont work and im out of coffee

That's right not my type of fun. I did once jump shoot two mallard drakes while quail hunting, doubled on them with 7.5 bird shot, that was fun and the dog likes water retrieves, but never shot one again because I don't like the taste.

Back