Faster Web Browser

Dakotazeb

I was having a very difficult time navigating around another forum using Internet Explorer as my web browser. Going from page to page was real slow and IE would just lock up. I found a tip on that site to use either Firefox or Google Chrome. I've tried Firefox in the past and didn't notice much difference from IE. When I recently had my computer into the shop for a virus related problem they loaded Google Chrome on it so I thought I would give it a try. UNBELIEVABLE the difference in speed. The site I was having the problem with I can not zip around at lightning speed. Just wanted to pass this one in case anyone out there is having a similar problem.

Yeah, Google Chrome has some great functionality. The only problem I have with it is you can't pin your "Favorites" to the side like you can with IE or FireFox. Your Favorites are only available through the drop down from the top menu.

Download CCleaner. It works well to clean out all cookies, temp files and so on in a couple clicks in seconds. It speeds things back up great every time you notice a slow down.:thumbsup: gets rid of all the crap that bogs you down. You will love it

Download CCleaner. It works well to clean out all cookies, temp files and so on in a couple clicks in seconds. It speeds things back up great every time you notice a slow down.:thumbsup: gets rid of all the crap that bogs you down. You will love it

+1 on CCleaner. Also try Auslogics Disk defrag, both are free downloads. Give Palemoon a try as a browser. It's essentially Firefox optimized for Windows. 20% faster than Firefox or so they say. http://download.cnet.com/Auslogics-Disk-Defrag/3000-2094_4-10567503.html
I use it, but I have an older computer, XP home and Pentium 4. But I still see a bit of a difference from regular Firefox.

Last edited:

right- depending on how cleaver you are you can get agressive with the cleaner- registry clean up- and tool options-
been using it for 3 computers- you'll most likely be asked if you want to download their Defragler-

PC Tools Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus is real good also

interesting fact is I haven't had to take any computer into a shop

zeb, had same experience as you with IE and then I loaded chrome. One thing with IE is all the plugins slow the thing down. In system tools there is a version you can run with no plugins.

I still use IE most of the time. I just like some of the features that Chrome doesn't have. How do you find the version with no plugins?

Back