Excited to come back home to spend time in the country/2 weeks

Birddog23

Counting down the days here at work, nothing better than getting back to SD to spend time with my family/friends to do a little hunting. And also seeing my dog work those SD fields that are breathtaking to me, and seeing how well my training has paid off. One thing I love is waking up early in the old farmhouse that gets used 3-4 times a year, and making a cup of coffee, stepping outside, peeing wherever I want, and listening to the sounds in the country. Watching that sunrise in the morning, can't beat it.
I start packing 3 weeks in advance, 41 years old, and I get that excited still.............
Guns are cleaned, and ready to go. Trying out the Browning shotgun shells this year. Along with a couple other oldies/goodies. As you can tell, it's not all about the birds killed!!!!!!! I'll go back no matter what because it's in my blood to be back in the country!

Counting down the days here at work, nothing better than getting back to SD to spend time with my family/friends to do a little hunting. And also seeing my dog work those SD fields that are breathtaking to me, and seeing how well my training has paid off. One thing I love is waking up early in the old farmhouse that gets used 3-4 times a year, and making a cup of coffee, stepping outside, peeing wherever I want, and listening to the sounds in the country. Watching that sunrise in the morning, can't beat it.
I start packing 3 weeks in advance, 41 years old, and I get that excited still.............
Guns are cleaned, and ready to go. Trying out the Browning shotgun shells this year. Along with a couple other oldies/goodies. As you can tell, it's not all about the birds killed!!!!!!! I'll go back no matter what because it's in my blood to be back in the country!

Amen and Amen!

I couldn't have said it better!

You are a man after my own heart!! I've been ready for months. I live in Florida where the heat index is still pushing 90 degrees and another hurricane is looming on the horizon but I am in the same mode. I start getting excited around June or July every year and by the time August hits I just about can't stand it. We'll be hunting the first week this year which is earlier than I have ever hunted. I hope its colder this year than last. Hunted the third week last year in 72 degree weather. Fall can't get here fast enough!

...making a cup of coffee, stepping outside, peeing wherever I want, and listening to the sounds in the country.
Yes, a week or 2 without being penned in by the restrictions of indoor plumbing sounds like a real soul-cleansing time. Hope you have as great a time as you're anticipating. Sounds fun!

Oh I'm sorry A5 Sweet 16, did I offend you?

How do you know I have indoor plumbing?

Yes, a week or 2 without being penned in by the restrictions of indoor plumbing sounds like a real soul-cleansing time. Hope you have as great a time as you're anticipating. Sounds fun!

I will only be there for 4-5 days!!! I am leaving for pheasant opener which starts in 2 weeks.

So, 4-5 days of peeing outside and listening to the birds cackle, yah, I get excited about that

Oh I'm sorry A5 Sweet 16, did I offend you?

How do you know I have indoor plumbing?

I thought you were the one with your panties in a bunch.
I'll take Coors Light by the way, for the dog bet you'd lose.
I prefer bottles

Back