English Setter Pups

Those are so darn cute! Glad you got the photo bucket to work.:10sign:

Well, the older litter got to move out and enjoy the warming temperatures today. Here they are last night just before their last inside bedtime! Some friends and I have arranged for one of them to be at the Wichita Quail Forever Banquet!

Last edited:
Flicker's younger brood is just starting to really walk around. Still sleeping more than anything.

Last edited:
I have a 3 yr old setter I got from the Topeka pound that I swear had to come from Troys pups. One of the puppies has identical markings. I'd come out and pick one up if I thought I could do it and stay married.

I won't say that all setters look alike, but as a breeder, I do hope none of my pups ever end up in the pound! Glad you saved that one from a premature demise!!! I challenge you to "package" you new puppy acquisition so that the wife "believes" you have done her a significant favor by bringing a new baby into the family! It'll be a beautiful chance for her to bond and be influential in bringing up a new family member!!! She DESERVES a new pup:) YOU'LL be just all to happy to help her by keeping the pup in shape and giving it a job!

Pups do make a great gift my youngest lab was my wife gift for completing her degree, working on her to get her Masters so I can by her another gift:cheers:

Two of the younger pups are headed to Mississippi, that is a new state for me I think! The first of the older pups heads home Thursday! Hard to see them go, but the lack of sleep is about to finish us off!!!

Maybe 1. The gent that bought it was in Nevada when he bought it, then he moved. Sent 3 to NY a few litters ago. Have some in WV and NC as well. I've sold pups into over 20 states so far. Kind of fun to think just how many bird species my pups are hunting.

Well you assume they are hunting....just kidding.....we need to work on getting your lineage in Michigan!

The pups are in their last week here. They have really grown and are looking great. They got their first trip by the pigeon pen today and all 8 pointed them! Fun times!!!

All are good looking. I like the pup on my left, mostly white head. Reminds me of my first "bird dog". Is it a male?

Back