English Setter Pups

Prairie Drifter

I have two litters of English Setter pups available. The sire of both litters is I'm Wrong Too. He has two placements himself and is out of Ch Can't Go Wrong and She's My Thunder. Can't Go Wrong is a champion and Grand National Grouse runner-up champion. She's My Thunder is out of RUChGrouse Ridge Franc and Grouse Ridge Meg.

Sage is the first dam, third generation in my kennel. She whelped 4 males and 2 females January 1, 2015. She is a granddaughter of Ch Grouse Ridge Reroy out of my Ch Havelock Blacksmith and Ch Tricky Dick female. Sage is a bird lazer! She is the first female to beat out all of the males since her grandmother did the same. She has led the kennel for 3 years. Three of these pups are chestnut tricolors.

Flicker whelped her pups January 20, 8 females and 1 male. All of these pups are tricolors. Flicker is a granddaughter of Ch Pennstar, Ch Terhaar's Rocko, and Ch Cooper Mountain Pepsi. My hunting buddy has 2 of her sisters and all 3 are exceptional dogs in the field. They have hunted 12-15 species of game birds in as many states. Pups are $450. Phone 620-532-5900 or email troygs@hotmail.com.

Since I can't download pics on this site from my computer, someone will have to teach me how to get them on through photobucket. Sorry, haven't learned that yet. I have an account and seem able to get them loaded. Can't seem to get them out of bucket after I get them in. Yeah, you're really missing out on these.

Prairie Drifter,

Email me the ones you want posted here and I will do it.

Here are pictures of Prairie Drifter's pups.

IMG_0453B_zps3e6c92af_1.jpg

IMG_0465B_zpsafeb8725-1.jpg

IMG_0463B_zpsbdce265b-1.jpg

This first adult is the dam of the older litter. The second adult is the sire of both litters. We moved the older pups out to the weaning pen today while it was warmer.

If I could afford a divorce I'd buy a pup. :)

If you can get the photos into photobucket, you've done 90% of the work.

I am going from memory here, as at work we can't get to outside photosharing. Might need a slight tweak-

1.) Login to photobucket.
2.) Open the image you would like to share in photobucket.
3.) (this is where the tweak will come in) There either is a 'share' button, or a 'gear' icon on or close to the picture you just opened. Click on that and it will bring up 4 different 'addresses/codes'. I forget what the other three are, but for bulletin boards like UPH, you want the IMG address. You can click in the IMG address and it should highlight yellow and flash 'copied'. Or you can highlight yourself and copy it yourself.
4.) Paste what was just copied into the UPH thread you want to show off in.

Done.

Below is what Byrd copied from photobucket and pasted here. I broke the 'code' by adding a space after the IMG in the first set of brackets.

You have to start with [IMG ] (without the space) and end with .jpg[/IMG]

[IMG ]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/MaynardReeceByrd/IMG_2336X_zpsa5faea69.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks Cheesy, when I'm not too short tempered, I'll have to give that a try:) I'm old enough that these computers can push me over the edge pretty easy!

David, you sent me an email from your phone and I can't respond to it. I keep getting delivery failures. May have to give me another option to respond to you!

Last edited:
Cheesy, the divorce is probably still in play no matter the cost of the puppy going in! Put on a cup and at least give yourself a chance:) Equal exposure for the other litter!

Last edited:
Yeah, the cost if the dog isn't the issue. It's a 3rd dog that would be.

Now that you can post pics, we expect a lot more from your adventures.

I did a "Judging Habitat" thread on another site. Might be fun to throw that in front of this group and see where it leads. Will think of doing some on habitat work as well. Fire season is coming up soon. Maybe this year I can take some pictures instead of just eating smoke and soaking up diesel fuel.

If you have time to take pics on a fire you are not working hard enough! We can swap fire pics, but our fire season won't start till April or May depending on when our snow leaves.

Cheesy,

Divorce talk doesn't really start till you have 5 dogs and talking about a 6th! I'm at that point and testing the waters......will keep you posted.

Back