End Of Bird Season

Miforester

So my bird season is done for 2023. It has been a good year for both my personal hunting and guiding. Dogs got a fair amount of bird contacts, we moved 50 grouse over 20 point, 125 wc over 79 points and 191 pheasant over 61 points. Hunted roughly 30 hour and walked 37 miles in the grouse woods and 36 hours and 67 miles in pheasant fields. Time is actual time hunting. Overall averaged 5.5 birds/hour. Old dog is doing what she loves to do, middle aged getting better with time and young pup is figuring it out. Only 9 months and a few days until we can start the 24 season.

Good luck to those who's season extends into January and beyond, wish i could still chase birds. It has been a great season with several great memories. I need to find that fountain of youth so I can continuing chasing birds behind my dogs.

May try to squeeze one more in. Otherwise it will be chasing the elusive Appalachian Grouse and possibly the southern bob. Been to the great northern plaines and the prairie this year. Moved bobs , huns , sharpies , and roosters. My 10 month old gsp has gotten some good reps and travel experience. Good times.

So my bird season is done for 2023. It has been a good year for both my personal hunting and guiding. Dogs got a fair amount of bird contacts, we moved 50 grouse over 20 point, 125 wc over 79 points and 191 pheasant over 61 points. Hunted roughly 30 hour and walked 37 miles in the grouse woods and 36 hours and 67 miles in pheasant fields. Time is actual time hunting. Overall averaged 5.5 birds/hour. Old dog is doing what she loves to do, middle aged getting better with time and young pup is figuring it out. Only 9 months and a few days until we can start the 24 season.

Good luck to those who's season extends into January and beyond, wish i could still chase birds. It has been a great season with several great memories. I need to find that fountain of youth so I can continuing chasing birds behind my dogs.
Solid season sir. Stats are impressive.

I think I'm done too.
Sprained my ankle tonight and it's getting larger by the minute.
State holiday hunt has been crazy busy due to no ice for ice fishing and just enough to keep boats out of the water.
First bird dog and her first and only bird of the season a few weeks ago. I'll take it as I wasn't expecting anything from a pound dog that didn't know sit in June.
Good luck to those carrying on
I gotta continue training and figure out how to wear Dutch out until I can walk again.

Back