E collar/locator recommendation

bbasil

I'm looking for an ecollar for my retreiver. I don't currently own one and there seem to be a ton of choices. My main concern is finding one with a locator so I know where she is in heavy cover/ cattails. I was looking at the dogtra 2500. This one seems to get pretty good reviews on Cabelas. Thanks

I have the Dogtra 2502 T&B and like it very much. I'm running it on my Brittanys using the beeper function to locate a dog on point. But it would certainly work for your purpose also. As with any collar that has a beeper/locator conditions can make it difficult to hear at times. Wind is especially bad and it doesn't help when you are older like me and your hearing isn't very good.

If you do buy the Dogtra check with FCSpringer on this site as he is a dealer and offers a good deal on Dogtra products.

Very spendy. I love my Garmin Alpha. One controller, gps for you and your dog, ecollar. Lots of cool and useful uses.

We have theDT Systems - Super Pro e-Lite, SPT 2400, Beeper/Locator.
Our's is the 2 dog version. I knew that I wouldn't be going home if I lost my wife's baby, so we bought the DT Beeper/Locator. The radio has really good range, lots of useful settings, nick, jump, and rise stimulation. Also, the collars have a vibrate function as well.

Also, buy a holster for your radio/transmitter. Many of the transmitters come with a lanyard, which attaches to the transmitter with a screw. I have lost 2 transmitters this way! :mad:

I have to agree with Dakota. I own (2) Dogtra 2502 T&B systems great system. I have owned both systems for over 5 years with no problems.

Back