Dutch's first hunt test

Gatzby

I took the puppy to Central Minnesota Retreiver Clubs AKC spring test last Saturday. He totally slammed the land series! He had a bit more of a hunt on one of the water birds than I cared for but oterwise real nice. His obediance was solid. He scored all 9's except for two 8's and a 7. I was very pleased for his first test. About 65% of the dogs entered passed. I know this is bragging but my little guy was the best dog there!!!!

This sunday I am running up to Pequot Lakes to run an HRC event. I hope it goes as well but you never know.

Congrats & well-done, Dutch!

Dutch the pup did just fine at the HRC test. The test was pretty easy so I really didn't learn much. His holding blind manners improved dramaticly so I am really pleased.

Since I had my old dog Mac with I ran him as well. He really hasn't seen much training lately so I wasn't sure what to expect. He layed down and napped in the holding blind than heeled perfect to the line and proceeded to front foot all his marks! When the judges found out he was 11 yeas old they all had to pet him. Running Mac in started is a bit like a flame thrower at a knife fight, in his day he did Master Hunter tests.

Turns out I had the youngest and the oldest dog achiving qualifying scores:D

He is thirteen months. I typically will run juniors when the dog is doing Senior level work in training. If the next couple months are not so hot as to slow training I expect to get a couple senior passes this fall.

Back