Dumping mud

I was driving around this morning before legal shooting time delivering smoked pork shoulder to several farmer friends…beautiful sunrise, vivid blue sky, golden fields…listening to classic jazz…thought about this thread, then forgot about it…much to think about that is spectacular! Lucky to be here…☀️👍🍺👏

I was driving around this morning before legal shooting time delivering smoked pork shoulder to several farmer friends…beautiful sunrise, vivid blue sky, golden fields…listening to classic jazz…thought about this thread, then forgot about it…much to think about that is spectacular! Lucky to be here…☀️👍🍺👏
You were driving at 5 am?

How does a turkey get shot? That farmer must have a crush on you or your cuz if he still lets you hunt…not that there’s anything wrong with that…😘
My cousin said he accidentally shot one of his turkeys. He told the farmer, and he was really irate.It did flush like a pheasant. I was really surprised he let us hunt again.

My cousin said he accidentally shot one of his turkeys. He told the farmer, and he was really irate.It did flush like a pheasant. I was really surprised he let us hunt again.
Yeah, that’s surprising, but being forthright scores points. We all goof up, owning up is the way to be. 👍👏 I’ve taken a few unsafe shots in my 30+ years of upland hunting, I hate walking to the guy that got scared, but I do that and apologize profusely. If he was scared, I screwed up..,no defense involving physics, angles, blue sky, etc…I screwed up.

I keep a pack of dude wipes in the back passenger side door. When it's time I just pull over, walk around, open the back side door and I have everything I need right there.

Yeah, that’s surprising, but being forthright scores points. We all goof up, owning up is the way to be. 👍👏 I’ve taken a few unsafe shots in my 30+ years of upland hunting, I hate walking to the guy that got scared, but I do that and apologize profusely. If he was scared, I screwed up..,no defense involving physics, angles, blue sky, etc…I screwed up.
I agree it's best to tell the farmer.Its best not to drive on their land,unless they tell you it's ok.Ive been cussed out for doing that a few times.Stay away from cattle, don't shoot turkeys or tame geese.My cousin accidentally shot a tame goose once, and we did not get to hunt yhat place again unfortunately.

This is an interesting thread. Not surprising that Goose started it.

You guys ever hear of holding it until you get to a toilet? lol

My cousin accidentally shot a tame goose once, and we did not get to hunt yhat place again unfortunately.

I hope I'm speaking for all. PLEASE show us some pictures of your cousin!! Preferably proudly holding a barnyard goose, Guinea hen, or something.

Back