DT Systems BL 505 bird launcher

Ugahunter17

I have 3 of the DT Systems bird launchers. I bought them preowned from a lady whose father bought them just prior to his death. They were still new in box unopened. I have launched some pigeons out of them and they only launch about 2-3 feet in the air. I was expecting them to launch much higher. I called DT systems and they offered no help other than to charge me to "look at them". The lady I spoke with did say some people would adjust the springs to allow for more tension. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? Thanks

I have 3 of the DT Systems bird launchers. I bought them preowned from a lady whose father bought them just prior to his death. They were still new in box unopened. I have launched some pigeons out of them and they only launch about 2-3 feet in the air. I was expecting them to launch much higher. I called DT systems and they offered no help other than to charge me to "look at them". The lady I spoke with did say some people would adjust the springs to allow for more tension. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? Thanks
Tried some of their crap..many years ago..found it junk…
Transmitter was not tapped for antenna…try to explain that who someone spoke broken English!

Tried some of their crap..many years ago..found it junk…
Transmitter was not tapped for antenna…try to explain that who someone spoke broken English!
Lol, yeah I am not sure the lady I spoke with in their CS department knew the difference between a Pigeon or a Quail.

If the birds are thrown to violently they won’t catch flight. Did the pigeons fly away or fall to the ground?

I have two DT systems launcher and never had any issues in the 10 years I have used them. I have never seen a chuckar or pigeon fall to the ground disoritentated. I would recommend DT to anyone wanting to use one.

Lol-2-3 feet isnt enough?? are your birds right out of the freezer-maybe if you open their wings a little when they thaw out might help a little.:unsure:

I'm still using one I got from Lion Country Supply about 5 years ago for just over $200. It was about half the price of others. It goes through 9V
batteries pretty quickly but otherwise no issues. I just used it yesterday with Brady and today with Tucker. It will fit a pheasant but I usually train with chukars. It launches them 6-8 feet up, which is great because chukar on the ground often take off very low.
Tom

Back