Dream gun

Yeah, mine are great at hitting trees, leaves, grass, water (when duck/goose hunting). Hell, they'll even take those orange discs out of the sky without much of a problem. It's just when there are feathers involved that it gets tricky. :)

The McKay-Brown Round Action Side by Side in 12 gauge but in my dreams it's a matched pair not a single gun. 28" barrells, splinter fore-end, straight stock, double triggers and the Fantasy Bird (Pheasant of course) engraving.

pix426404440.jpg

pix517374270.jpg

pix119629236.jpg

pix095099463.jpg

Browning Superposed B-25 Exhibition Grade, Custom Engraved 20ga. What a fantastic Browning Superposed we have here! Not only is it a fantastic piece of art visually, but it is the nicest handling Browning I have ever experienced. The balance between the hands is very dynamic, and at 6lbs. 2oz it is a delight to carry. Serial number N32715, this is a Belgium Superposed engraved by Angelo Bee, one of Browning’s best known engravers, the balance hand crafted by other past FN factory employees. With the sideplated action, extensive bulino game scene engraving, gold wire inlays, beautiful scroll work (done by DuBois another Browning engraver), pierced and sculpted top lever, figured Exhibition grade Turkish walnut, 3 piece forearm, this gun is a showcase of the gun maker’s art. Angelo Bee’s work commands high prices and he has a very substantial following, so this is an investment quality firearm that is a joy to shoot and carry. The 26 ½” barrels are as new, with all of the blue, mirror bores, tight ribs, 3” chambers, choked IC/LM (.008/.016, can be altered to your specs for $55 per barrel), bore diameter .623/.624, minimum barrel wall thickness 25 thousandths, no dents or dings, polished and machined lug area, tight ribs, barrels tight on breech face and hinge like a new gun. The receiver is spectacular, with scenes of pheasants on the left, ducks on the righ, and a gold inlaid pheasant with a pointer on the bottom. The screws are perfect, with trigger guard screws “clocked and locked” by smaller locking screws, a nice touch. The gold wire inlay adds just enough gold to catch the eye, but in no way to the point of being gaudy. Browning Superposed with the sideplated action are very rare, and just gorgeous to look at. The trigger is crisp and checkered, and the trigger guard is nicely engraved. The work is signed by Angelo Bee on the right side, and P. Dubois near the trigger. The wood is boldly figured Turkish walnut with 28LPI checkering, oil finished, round knob, long tang, 3 piece forend, sculpted drop points, skip line checkered butt, LOP a generous 15 1/16” from rear trigger position, 2” drop at heel, 1 ½” drop at comb, no splits, chips, cracks or repairs, a few light handling marks on right side of butt stock, no wear to the checkering at all. Wood to metal fit is superb, and the wood is simply knock out in all respects. The Browning Superposed is avidly sought after by collectors and shooters alike. At the close of Browinin production the Exhibition grade guns with the features commensurate with this one were being sold for nearly $15,000. That was more than a decade ago. This is a rare, one-of-a-kind Superposed engraved by an acknowledged Browning master engraver that will make a fine investment. The workmanship is comparable to the finest work ever put out by Browning during their production years.

I inherited a DIANE grade that was ingraved by F. Funken browning top ingraver my uncle just had it sitting in a closet for 40 some years.

Id just like to have a really nice double O/U 20/28 with some really nice engraving with my dog on it. IMO, that would be truely wonderful. The new A-10's fit that void perfectly. My FIL has one on order, if it turns out to be as nice as I think its going to be, having one of those with my pup engraved in a game scene on the side would be pretty sweet.

Ditto, and also some of the Kimber OU guns as well. Just can't swing it now, but some day.:thumbsup:

You do know that a Kansas boy from Bird City is the V.P. of Kimber, who use to work, and got his start at Burris!!!

Some gorgeous works of art here, but I "dreamed within my reality" and bought a Benelli Legacy 28 & it IS quick!

I inherited a DIANE grade that was ingraved by F. Funken browning top ingraver my uncle just had it sitting in a closet for 40 some years.

Sweet, but not a great way to get the gun. It's never a good thing loosing a friend or relative. Any pics of your sweet heart DIANE?

I have some pretty nice guns and if I never get another I would still count myself very lucky to have what I got.

I don't care for the extra double fancy triple gaudy works.

But I would take a nice sxs 16 guage, choked IC/Mod, double triggers, straight stock, light and trim all the way around.

Brownings always seem to be my favs. o/u and sxs. still affordable..;)

Dream gun, that has to be the next gun I buy. Until the next gun I buy.....:D

Or something like that.:cheers:

In reality and a real possibility for me would be a Browning Citori grade VI or a Golden Clays 525 or 625 Citori. Most likely in 20ga or 28ga. but would settle for the right 12ga.

Nope who is that and can he give me a deal?:D

Only if I can get one too!!! LOL!!! Senior V.P. Dwight Van Brundt and V.P Ryan Busse both came from Burris . Ryan was fresh out of K.S.U. I beleive when I hunted with him and was working for Burris at the time. Dove hunted and pheasant hunted some of his family's ground around Bird City. Use to hunt a lot with the Burris Clan. Still run into The President of Burris, J. McCarty at some Hockey games. Beretta now owns them and in recent years bought Steiner. I need some deals!!!!!LOL

One dream gun? I shudder at the thought. There are too many wonderful guns in the world to be limited to just one. I've been very lucky. I've owned any number of dream guns. But then the dreams faded and another stole my heart. My current dream gun is a nice little Fox Sterlingworth 16 made right after WWI. I love it now, but who knows? I guess I'm just doomed to an endless search for the perfect gun. The chase is on.

like the brownings, citori and bss. you can still find a good bss at a fair price. i have 2, one in 12 and one in 20 26 inch barrels and both have mod and imp bores. very well made.

Back