Dove seasons

jmac

Well azgfd just put out the 2011-2012 dove regulations. The only change from last year looks like the bag limit on whitewings, during the first season Sept 1- Sept 15. Last year the limit was 10 doves of which no more than 6 whitewinged dove per day. This year is 10 dove in aggregate morning dove or white wing per day.

I was wondering what the dove season and bag limits are in other states???:)

Oklahoma

Daily limit for Doves in Oklahoma is 15, which can include any combination of mourning, white-winged and eurasian collared doves. However, there is no bag limit on eurasian collared doves, provided that the head or one fully feathered wing is left attached. If a hunter fully field dresses a eurasian collared bird in the field it will count be counted against their 15-bird limit. The Season is 70 days.

Oklahoma

Daily limit for Doves in Oklahoma is 15, which can include any combination of mourning, white-winged and eurasian collared doves. However, there is no bag limit on eurasian collared doves, provided that the head or one fully feathered wing is left attached. If a hunter fully field dresses a eurasian collared bird in the field it will count be counted against their 15-bird limit. The Season is 70 days.

Okie thanks for the reply. 70 days is that 70 days straight??

Eurasian collared doves are the same here year round unlimited bag limit. Our 15 day opening season is followed by Nov 24-feb 3 Morning dove season. White-wings are long gone by the end of Sept, Sometimes before the end of Aug. If we have bad thunderstorms and rain and wind they are blown to Mexico.

Kansas Dove

Will be looking to bag my limit of 15 on 9/1 on the high plains of western Kansas. We sit by a windmill with an overflow pond and wait for them to fly in for their evening drink.

Our limit and seasons in Ca are the exact as yours Jmac, but most of our mourning doves are year round residents in the valley.

Qh Thank you for resonding. I started this thread to find why Az and Ca have a lower limit and a short season????? The migration route goes throught AZ and CA. You are so correct that morming doves do not migrate out of
our
states. Why is our limit 10 and their is 15 and why is our season 15 days and theirs is 70 + days??????????:mad:

There is more doves in AZ than OK TX and ........... Just asking. :)

Back