Double Barrel opinions

for the budget minded guy's out there, the cz line of sxs is pretty good, all of their guns are on the correct size frames, the lines are correct and most of all they work. i have two of them but in my hunting circle there are about 10 more and so far no problems with any of them, great looking guns. also think that yahoo out in calif. with his shaggy mutts uses one while he is harassing those poor quail

cheers

Yes sir, 28ga ringneck. I love it, quail hate it.:thumbsup:

Can't comment on Stoeger, but I do shoot a sxs. After years of shooting an A-5 20 guage, I decided I wanted a sxs. I love it, and a lot of people compliment the gun. It's just an Ithaca 200E. It's nothing special, but in my circle the norm is semis and O/Us. I'm the only person in my regular circle of hunting buddies who shoots a sxs.

I'm not a big fan of double triggers, even though those who say that double triggers are the only practical way to choose the barrel in the field are correct. My experience is that my middle finger gets slammed by the back of the trigger guard when I fire with the front trigger. It probably has more to do with my technique than anything.

For those shooting SxS's with single triggers, what brand of spray paint did you use to camo it also?

:)

sxs

Can't comment on Stoeger, but I do shoot a sxs. After years of shooting an A-5 20 guage, I decided I wanted a sxs. I love it, and a lot of people compliment the gun. It's just an Ithaca 200E. It's nothing special, but in my circle the norm is semis and O/Us. I'm the only person in my regular circle of hunting buddies who shoots a sxs.

I'm not a big fan of double triggers, even though those who say that double triggers are the only practical way to choose the barrel in the field are correct. My experience is that my middle finger gets slammed by the back of the trigger guard when I fire with the front trigger. It probably has more to do with my technique than anything.

as a rule if you life in europe you can give a single trigger gun away, the opposite is true here. your ithaca 200E is not just a gun but a pretty good gun and if it is in nice shape be good too it. too bad you don't have some buddies with class is all i can say. don't understand the trouble with your finger, stir your whiskey with it, that will help

For those shooting SxS's with single triggers, what brand of spray paint did you use to camo it also?

The first season or two with my sxs I did more duck hunting than I do now (I went once last year...). Anyway, I did put camo tape on the barrels one year.:eek: As I look back on that very bad decision now, I try to convince myself that it was to protect the barrel bluing from the metal edges that were everywhere in the blind.

Regardless, what's wrong with a little krylon for turkey season? ;)

CZ

The CZs are over a pound to heavy. Get on Gunbroker and find a guild gun from Europe. They are light, cheap and good.

The CZs are over a pound to heavy. Get on Gunbroker and find a guild gun from Europe. They are light, cheap and good.

The 12 and 20ga guns I agree but my 5 1/2lb 28ga is balanced pretty nice I'd say.

Too heavy for what??? Go lift some weights or something.

I have a cz redhead 20ga. It weighs like 7lbs, to heavy for a 20ga for sure. Why would you want to carry more weight than needed? Upland hunting involves more than enough exercise as it is.

Then why doesnt everyone with a 6.5 lb gun get a 6 lb gun and everyone with a 6 lb gun sell it and get. 5.8 lb gun and..... If theres a lighter gun yours is too heavy... Right??

I'm sure a lot of guys do just that.

Every little bit counts when you walking, and walking and walking.

Back