Dont Call it a Comeback

Recon

So after almost a two year hiatus from chasing birds I will be returning to the fields on tomorrow. I couldn't handle going out opening weekend but I cant wait much longer either lol. Almost a year and a half ago I had to put my dog down as many of you may remember, theres a tribute to him somewhere on here, but afterwards I lost the desire to hunt, I know it may sound crazy but Chief was so many things to me more than just a dog, without going off into a rabbit hole, he was my best friend after losing many friends, spending some time in Iraq and dang near loosing my mind, he kept me sane and brought me a peace that was much needed.

While I have not gotten a new dog yet I will be walking a field or two tomorrow, I am a little nervous it will be weird not having him out front but I know he's up there looking down on me, maybe he will push a bird or two my way. I am finally ready to get back on the horse and get a new best friend so I will start my search for my next hunting buddy once the season is over. (GSP if you know of any planned litters PM me)

While many of you may not know it your videos, stories and genuine friendship has given me my fire back and I cant wait to get back out there. Good luck to all of you this season, be safe and have some fun.

I am sorry for your pain. It won't be long before you truly have a New Best Friend....And Chief will be very happy for you both:)

Went out and had a blast today, saw way more birds then I expected a lot of hens only a couple of roosters but gives me hope for the season!! Had the pleasure of meeting a family from the area and walked a few fields with them which reminded me of what its all about, friendship, mother nature and well if your lucky a bird in the bag. Thanks for all the well wishes

Back