dogtra vs tritronics

gsp4life

i have been looking at tritronics collars and dogtra e collars the past couple weeks. i really like the tritronics upland edition with the beeper on it. i saw the dogtra unit with the beeper on also and they look pretty comparable. i currently use a DT systems unit without the beeper. the only reason i want a beeper because a couple of times i was out this year i didnt see where my dog was and was screaming at him. well and behold i shocked him and up went to roosters. i never want to do that again so a beeper is a must for me. any one have any experience with both dogtra and tritronics unit?

Only tri-tronics. I'm very satisfied w/ my upland G3 unit. The beeper doesn't always respond to the transmitter for some reason though. I'm sure it is something I'm doing wrong b/c I've had it working before. Others will weigh in w/ experience using both collars.

I've owned both TriTronics and Dogtra e-collars. Both are excellent and you can't go wrong with either. They are the top two brands on the market right now.

I agree, I can't vouch for any of the beepers, but they both have solid collars. I just sold a TT that I had for 9 -10 years, the batteries were still as good as new. It stayed on for well over 2 days non stop yet. Very durable. I am now useing a couple dogtras. The designer ( founder) of dogtra I believe was a TT guy for a long time, so you should be happy with either. Both very good choices. I fell in love with the small size of the dogtra package. Other then that no complaints with either of the ones I had.

what about pros and cons from each unit. kansasbritt i think the G3 has a 1/2 mile range my dogs never get out that far but if they are in the thick brush does that range affect you at all?

what about pros and cons from each unit. kansasbritt i think the G3 has a 1/2 mile range my dogs never get out that far but if they are in the thick brush does that range affect you at all?

With the new pro 500 no cons on it, very satisfied
With my Dogtra, Setting the level of stimulation, I could set it to 40 and push the nick and get a hot nick sometimes and sometimes a mild nick, didnt seem consistant

Another thought

I recently purchased my second Sport dog collar set up over the past 5 years. I am extremely satisfied with their products and their customer service is over the top. I once had a collar comeoff(my fault) I called them sent me a new one for $10. Recently on the new set up, a Pro Hunter 2500, I lost the transmitter (no I am not an idiot, though it sounds like it). When I received it, the transmitter did not have a lanyard set up my preferred method of carry. I called, they advised that the only thing available was a belt holder. So I built my own lanyard (dumb idea) and lost the transmitter. I called them advised them of my displeasure with the carry methods offered and the fact that I lost it. They were willing to replace the transmitter at no cost. No wanting the same issues I asked about changing to a different model, No problem no cost new transmitter. All of their collars are interchangeable.
Thats customer service!

I just bought a Dogtra and am very satisfied with it.. It's nothing fancy but better than the SportDog collar I had and I thought the beeper was to alert the dog not locate him.. I put a bell on my dog so I can here where he is at..

I have been duck hunting on windy days where I needed to stop a retrieve and she couldn't here my whistle nor hear me . There's no duck worth my gal swimming to the other side of a lake for a crippled duck and get hung up on a trot line or something like that. So that the reason for the 2 beeps for here. My old trytronic seem to have a loader beep than my new one .

Back