dogbooties.com booties just arrived in the mail today

paidin

I ordered some booties for my GSP based on the suggestions on this forum. They arrived in the mail today and I decided to take a video of it so others in my situation could get a feel for what they would be like. The link is to the youtube video of my dog Mattie in her new shoes :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybR8tODEqto

I finally found dog boots that will stay on. Tried them out today on my 1 1/2 year old GSP. Ran her along side the 4 wheeler about 2miles with a sustained speed of 20 miles per hour (I think she is part greyhound) on a dirt track.
I was shocked they stayed on (without duct tape). I have tried and tried and tried many different brands of boots over the years and I would just get so disgusted. Get back to the truck after the first field to find only 3 boots left on the dog.
I am very confident I may have found the solution.

Rick Ive been using them for 4 years now and they do stay on good when dry but get em wet and the velcro doesn't work to well, gets clogged up with stuff. I just put a 1in. strip of tape and haven't lost a boot since

which ones did you end up with gundogsrus? I also just got another set of boots in the mail from Jims Dog Boots. I will let you guys know how those fare also. I think tape is a good idea. It couldn't hurt and I will try to remember to bring a roll of duct tape next weekend.

Mine are called Ultra Paws. They have a "Stay On Guarantee" for whatever that is worth, but so far I am quite pleased.
Good advice Bill, didn't think about the fact if they get wet and icy or just all the liitle brush particles clogging up the velcro.
I was talking with my buddy yesterday, he says he uses the "GORILLA" tape on his dog boots. He Says this stuff is awesome, stays on through all kinds of conditions. I love the Gorilla Glue, so I will give the tape a try.

DO NOT allow the dogs to chew the gorilla tape and definitely DO NOT let them even close to the glue. The gorilla glue products act with water to activate. Several dogs have chewed up the glue and swallowed it. It then expands and hardens and well, you know the rest. I have a buddy whose dog chewed up a roll of the gorilla tape and dog was sick as heck.

For what it's worth, I use duct tape in blaze orange.

get the expensive duct tape- cheap stuff might do ok- but it's not nearly as good

2nd the ones who say- wrap a strip of good duct tape over the velcro-
I've lost enough boots to know to tape over that velcro

which ones did you end up with gundogsrus? I also just got another set of boots in the mail from Jims Dog Boots. I will let you guys know how those fare also. I think tape is a good idea. It couldn't hurt and I will try to remember to bring a roll of duct tape next weekend.

Please let me know how they work out for you... Good price and seem like the real deal.

Thanks!

Dang just when I was getting over my wife having to have a closet full of shoes, now ya all want to play dress up with the dogs.

Lets see, (6) dogs, each dog needs two pair of boots, their is seven days in a week. How many shoes do I need to buy? :confused::confused:

Tuff foot for me:p

Please let me know how they work out for you... Good price and seem like the real deal.

Thanks!

There's never a ruler around when you need one! I received the Jim's Dog Boots in the mail the other day. I have not put them on my GSP yet but they seem short to me. The dogbooties.com ones claim to be 2 3/4"x5 1/2" tall and to me, they barely seemed long enough to go past my dog's foot. well maybe somewhere between barely and just right. I would have liked to see the velcro part wider but like everyone here says, duct tape will work. They both claim to be 1000 denier cordura and they both feel like it. The Jim's Dog Boots feel like the bottom layer has been doubled up do it feels twice as thick as the dogbooties one. The dogbooties one has an elastic velcro on it which might help keep the booties on the dog longer but using duct tape would/might negate that advantage.

I have a 40ish pound german shorthair so I ordered the medium ones from Jims Dog Boots according to the sizing chart on their website. I have been busy so I have not had a chance to put those on.

The cost was $24 shipped I think from Jims Dog Boots for 4 medium boots. Dogbooties.com came to about $22 shipped for 6 booties (I bought 2 spares). I will know this weekend how they performed and give you guys a heads up.

ok If everyons starts buying dog boots are we going to see 1 of them or 2 laying in the road or hanging from highline wires like we do shoes????? ;)

The dogbooties worked great with duct tape. The dog did try to take them off twice when we were in transit between WIHAs but she gave up after being forced to endure the process of having them put back on twice. They kept her feet clean while the other dog ended up with a split toe nail. I felt it was a small price to pay for the extra protection it affords your dog. Just make sure to use duct tape in conjunction with the velcro that it includes.

I have posted this video on other threads on this board but if you have not seen it yet, here is my dog Mattie with her doggie booties and her shiney vest workin' it.
http://contour.com/stories/mattie-and-buddy-on-point

in conclusion: I give dog booties from dogbooties.com two thumbs up!

next time, I will use the other ones I got from Jim's Dog Booties and let you guys know how they did and how they compare.

Last edited:
Back