dog vest

Team68

Having a hard time finding a neoprene dog vest to fit my shorthair. they seem to be all made for labs:confused:

I know that Avery makes/made them in small and xtra small. I bought one for my scrawny springer a couple years ago. It was tricky to find.

I bought the avery boaters vest and had it tailored to fit my shorthair, mostly in the chest area, turned out perfect, cost 10.00, seamstess cut 2 V shaped section out of the chest area close to the shoulders and it really fits him nice now, my shourthair male weights 60LB. for next year i am going to desighn a vest for my shorthair that has more coverage, protection and comfort, without sacrificing the mobility of the dog, specificly for cold weather that we have here and N.D. where i hunt.

I have yet to find a vest that will keep moisture out from between the dog and the vest. My Shorthair would get completely soaked underneith the vest. Of coarse this was during wet days or while hunting in snow. I've stopped using them during any kind of wet weather or in the snow and my dog performs and lasts better without it. During cold weather its the moisture that will do a dog in. However, they do have natural water shedding abilities and oils in thier coats just for this. A vest will prohibit these natural proprieties from working properly. Im sure I'm not telling you anything you dont all ready know. The vest has its place and time, however, my Shorthair has demonstrated to me that she dont like it during wet weather or in the snow.

Back