dog eats all dog poo every dog!

Lazlo

I know this was asked before but my friend said he tried the stuff you put in the food to stop his dog from eating poo. His dog will eat poo out from under his wiener dog while it is crapping. Goes out to his dads farm and goes around eating all his dogs poo off the ground. Any ideas maybe buy poo dog food ...Just kidding!

I will let him know if someone can help him.

Lazlo

I know this was asked before but my friend said he tried the stuff you put in the food to stop his dog from eating poo. His dog will eat poo out from under his wiener dog while it is crapping. Goes out to his dads farm and goes around eating all his dogs poo off the ground. Any ideas maybe buy poo dog food ...Just kidding!

I will let him know if someone can help him.

Lazlo

yah i heard of this stuff and suppose to be the nastiest foul smell to the dog and that would keep them from eating in future reference.

id make sure your dog or whoevers dog has its parvo shot up to date. eating feces is how a dog gets parvo dieases from eating a dog's feces that might have it.

It's a pychological issue. Starts sometimes as the low dog on the totem pole and having the fear of not getting enough to eat, or worry that it won't get enough eat. Becomes a habit long after the original need,or percieved need is gone. Extremely difficult to cure. Try having high preference food, like hamburger, rice, vegetables all mixed up and available nearly constantly. Be diligent about limiting opportunities to eat crap, and firm in the scolding. Hopefully the dog realizes it's next meal will be at a normal interval and modifies it's behavior. I have seen it work, but under stress later, the dog may regress throughout it's life. Oh and by the way, I'd avoid facials from that dog!!!!

Oh and by the way, I'd avoid facials from that dog!!!!

youre not kidding...

last weekend, my dog became really sick. i didnt know what was going on. shes a 5 months old GSP and when my wife said she went for a walk with her and sophia gotten into geese feces and then saturday she had the runs and vomiting. so sunday at 330am, she couldnt control it and lost it in her crate and puked. so i took her to the vet on monday, she said its common for dogs to eat feces of anything but for a goose, they eat grass and lots of times, pets do puke up grass they eat and goose do carry dieases as well.

this is common for pets to eat other dog feces.. however older dogs dont do this. Im hoping its just a puppy phase. but either way, eating a feces can hurt the dog or make it really sick.

My current GWP came across a pile of Bear Scat in the MN grouse woods and started chowing down when he was 3 months old. Got him away and kept walking, lost site of him and he was back at the scat. Oh yeah the answer to the question is yes.:D

wow good luck with that problem.. Mine just like to roll in bear, cow, lion, whatever. Once I swear he must have been standing under the cow as it came out. Never seen him so proud.

Thaks Guys

I will call him tomorrow...... Just Glad it's not me and I thought maybe worms but just a thought.
I have cattle and my dogs try to eat their crap but I watch them all the time.

Thanks again!
Lazlo

For mine the preference is cat, as FC said a nick helps I got the mother dog to mostly stop it using that method unless she is collarless and thinks I am not paying attention. The young female (her daughter) not so much yet. Interesting though, seems somewhat an inherited trait on the female side. Male dog (her son) has no or little interest

Back