Dog box

So after hauling the dogs in the back of our explorer all of last season, I went a bought a truck this summer. Then I started looking for a decent 2 dog box for the truck, but couldn't find one that was priced where I could afford it. So I decided to build my own this last weekend, and now its all done, my wife didn't think it was nearly as awesome as I did, and wasnt nearly as excited, so i decided to post it here where people might appreciate it a little more!

View attachment 1411

View attachment 1412

Good for you and good job and what I use to say when active duty "Good enough for government work"...Hey, as long as it works for you and your dogs then I say it is fine.

I give you props for actually finishing it and coming away with something that you can use.

heck, I still haven't finished my son's tree/club house :eek:

nice- I just finished making a dog box to fit the Escape- sure is nice when you make one yourself

heck it looks good to me, if it has a center patician in it you might consider making it removable in case you have to spend a night in the dog house :) :)
I think the dogs will like it as well.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I appreciate it. Copheasanthunter, its funny that you should mention that because as I was building it my wife told me to make sure that I could fit in there lol. I should have thought it through but i made the partician perminent, too funny

Just hope Champ doesn't eat it! lol
Good looking box!

lol Wes, I'm more worried about Kady eating it! She isn't a big fan of being boxed up. Champ on the other hand really enjoys it. Did you guys end up keeping Joe? If so how's he doin?

Nice Job.:thumbsup:

I built a dog box about 10 years ago and built it like a brick @#$*house. It has spent the last 8 years or so sitting in the woods that border my property cause my dogs generally ride in the cab.:eek: Go figure...

Joe ended up on a big ranch near Corpus Christi. Haven't heard how he's doin though.
Ready to slaughter some birds?

Oh yeah, the trigger finger is gettin pretty itchy! Dove didn't quite cut it, we're heading out to Mankato opening weekend. When do you think you'll be gettin out?

that is a nice box i used to build wood ones but got tired of the chewing and tired of building new ones every 2 years

thanks, neither one of my dogs are big chewers but they could surprise me. so far they both really enjoy it, they have a lot more room in there than in the cab (a lab and a shorthair neither are small).

no neither one is a small dog I think I have the smallest lab ever the little girl only weighs 50 ponds and is short her brother down the road is 100pounds and is built

Back