Dog box covers

DIRKNPHEZ

I was just wondering what everyone thinks about dog box covers. I am wondering how warm they actually keep the dog box. Are you supposed to keep venting open? Is there a point at which its too cold to use and keep the dogs warm? Any knowledge or advice would be greatly appreciated!!
thanks
jf

I was just wondering what everyone thinks about dog box covers. I am wondering how warm they actually keep the dog box. Are you supposed to keep venting open? Is there a point at which its too cold to use and keep the dogs warm? Any knowledge or advice would be greatly appreciated!!
thanks
jf

If it's above 55 or so I'll keep the flaps open. Below that I close them. Down to about 20 degrees, I'll have Buzz in the back in his covered crate. He seems to be comfortable in there. I've never actually put a thermometer in there with him (although I probably will), but I do know that snow melts off him when he's in there. Below 20-ish, he gets to ride up w/ me where there's heat & treats. Nutter Butters are his favorite.

When I'm using a single box, I have a Mud River cover and yes they work great. The dog generates quite a bit of heat. When running two dogs, I have an insulated Patriot box that works great as well.

I couldn't tell you, I put mine in the box of my truck the night before hunting and some clown stole it before I could use it. I do have friends up here that use them and the dogs have steam coming off them when they open the crate door. They put straw in the bottom of the crate as well.

Labrador in a medium crate inside topper -5 outdoors 55 in crate. I'm not sure what brand I had it was quilted nylon. I know it wasn't a mud river. I've switched to a 3 hole north star insulated box. It's -15 here this morning the boys will be toasty warm on the way to the retriever club!
Get a Sensor Push blue tooth temp sensor 300' range (sort of) sends temp to your phone. This works great at hotels etc. It will also alert you to any parameters you program i.e. Temp to high or low, humidity etc. I think it was $50 on amazon

Back