Dog Boarding In Manhattan, KS

Toad

Looking for a recommendation for dog boarding in Manhattan, KS.

Need to board our two dogs for a week later this Summer, and we've never done that before in Manhattan. Last year we had a neighbor come over and feed them while we were gone, but when we got home they were totally out of water and I'm doubting they actually came over twice a day like they said they would... I just want to remove all worry about them this year, so I've decided it would be better to just board them at a reputable dog hotel.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Are you flying out somewhere, or going through Kansas City?

Because, if so, a very good friend of mine has a tremendous boarding facility. Family owned, operated. I couldn't recommend them more. Indoor facility, heated floors, etc.

http://fidlersfarm.com/Dog_Boarding.html

They also have a facebook page and there are several videos of client dogs there. (Including the Irish setter pups we boarded there this past weekend.)
Search Fidler's Farm & Kennel

If you go through them, let me know.

That being said. I know the topic of the title is here in Manhattan, I've heard very good things about Howl-dayz (sp) but have never actually used them to board.
I looked at taking my dogs there for daycare, but they don't allow intact dogs so that ruled out all of ours. But, I've heard great things about them, but have no first had experience.

Wildcat Pet Resort next to the Airport is a very good operation. I have done contracting work for them on more than once and the are very nice attentive people.

John, an out of town spot won't work for us this time because I imagine our vehicle will be loaded to the gills with people and luggage when we leave MHK. But it sounds like a good place and I'm sure someone else on the site will benefit from that info if they read the thread.:thumbsup:

I'll check out both the howl-a-days (?) and the wildcat pet resort for sure. And if anybody doesn't wish to endorse or badmouth a business on the site, please send me a PM.

My dogs are family, so I just want to make sure I find a clean, trustworthy place for them.

One more thing, I do remember, I worked for Wildcat Resort once, a long time ago over Spring Break. I had a friend who knew the owners and they needed some help. The facilities were indoor, kennel runs for each dog. I remember, we went over once or twice a day, (I can't remember, I think twice) and leash walked the dogs. We also hosed out the kennels and fed and watered. I can't remember off hand if that was normal practice (the leash walking).

We used tailwagger inn in Manhattan a few years ago. Indoor kennels with an outside area to run. Molly split the end of her tail on the wall and they immediately called, in a panic, to let me know about it. The dogs did well there and they opened up on a holiday for us to pick them up.

Back