Do you get Vet papers?

moellermd

Super Moderator
So most states require animals, including dogs, to have a health certificate when they cross state lines. So does everyone get'em when they go to another state?

I do. I'll admit, I am a dog lover just like everyone else here. I get to attached to them though! He would sleep with me if the Wife didn't complain!! Yeah right, she don't complain, she just says plain NO! lol But yes, I fully agree all certs. are important and we as hunters, pet owners should take the responsibilty to do so! Great Question! Hey, good luck this season and hope all goes well for all.

Rod:cheers:​

Bringing 6 GSP's to KS in a few weeks; did not plan to bring papers; should I?

I get the health certificates. Crazy things happen. I'm not sure it would do any good but it makes me feel legal. If it's required, I do it. The best way to beat the law is to not break it.

I've taken my dogs to Kansas and South Dakota and have taken the health certificates with me. Haven't been checked in either place though so I don't know how much it is enforced.

Scott

I get the certificates for both my labs before I go to SD. Vet doesn't charge me anything for them, and it only takes a few minutes to do for each dog. The certificates are good for only 30 days though, so I get it done twice each season.

I always have the papers for my GSP. Even though I'm a resident of Kansas and I hunt Kansas I still take them as part of my hunting kit. Just go to your vet, tell them that you need copies of the dog/dogs shots and records and they will provide them at no charge.

I bring them-why not? Mine is just a copy of the receipt from our latest visit which includes all shots with dates etc etc.
They sheets get folded up and kept in my dog first aid kit
Too easy not to comply.

Just put dog shot certificate in file with my licenses, never know if needed. Most state regs require but have never been checked. I would guess if there was an incident with the dog and person, would be checked.

Back