Do All Clay Trap

fishpond

I don't post much, but thought this may interest some of you.

I'd been dancing around buying an automatic Trap for a while.

I was at my local outdoor store on Monday and they had a bunch of Champion and Do All automatic trap at kinda acceptable prices, so I went home and got on the Internet looking for reviews.

I stumbled onto a Cabela's add for a Do All for $269.
That tripped my trigger. So I drove out there ( lucky there's one about 30 min )
to buy it.
On the floor it was marked $354, but they honered the Web price.

Been working on modifying an old cart for the last few days to accomodate the trap and finnished it up last nite.

Took it out for a shakedown, and couldn't be more pleased. shot 50 rounds and not a brocken clay.(the machine; I did a little better)

Speed and distance was fine, recock time was very acceptable.(about 2 sec) They recommend a deep cycle battery; I used an old car battery and 50 cycles didn't impact it at all.

Cabela's Red Pigeon is the same as the White Wing, but includes 2 main springs and a 40 pcs magazine.

To say the least I'm a happy camper!

Trapper001_zpsaa77b5af.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Trapper002_zps7227a493.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Clay thrower

Great job. I like the cart you built. I wish I had one. I have the Whitewing and it works really well. A lot more fun to shoot when you ditch the hand thrower.

I bought the cart at Harbor Freight about 2 years ago, I'm gonna say $69

Bed was a diamond pattern grate; I covered it with 3/4" plywood

Cart

We have a Harbor Freight right here in Madison so I'm gonna get one. They are on sale for 74.99 now. Handy to have it all together like that. Thanks.

Very nice Fishpond...excellent job. I have wanted a auto-matic thrower myself for some time now. Someday hopefully. :10sign::thumbsup:

I had to make a second trip back to the house to get my guns.

A way to secure a couple of shotguns would be handy.

Back to the drawing board!

Any ideas?

Carl

The pneumatic tires are definitely a plus; bigger tires would make it easier to
pull and maneuver but raise the center of gravity, and I'm at my comfort level there.
Carl

Thanks for the review! Just got mine. Nice price. Did you add the remote? Or what comes standard as the triggering device?

It comes with a foot pedal switch.

Remote and wobbler are down the road.

You can extend the foot pedal with any standard 3 prong extension cord

Going to get to play with it this evening

Carl

Cart

Just ordered the cart off amazon. 24x48. We'll see what I come up with. I might use a battery box between the thrower and the storage box so I can have a platform to attach guns to, and store the clays and ammo inside the box. Thanks for the post cause now I got a project.

I have two Do All White Wing and they have worked out well. I have thrown couple thousand clays but now it is showing wear. It has trouble feeding the last couple clays. Held up well otherwise.

update

I just started my 3rd case of clays. 4 broke clays so far.

I'm thinking the were probably cracked to start with.

This trap has never fed the last clay.

Overall I'm still satisfied.

I was at Cabela's on Friday, they had 3 left and were down another $20; $249

Back