Did the Crazy Horse walk yesterday and

landman

did not see one single pheasant.

Each year on the first weekend of June the folks at Crazy Horse Monument allow visitors to walk to the top of the mountain and stand on the outreached arm. It is an experience everyone should do at least once.

crazy horse

landman,
that sounds like a pretty cool thing to do. i havent been by that monument. for quiet a while, how close are they to being done with it?:)

How about Harney Peak

We drove by Crazy Horse tonight. They got a long way yo go to get that guy done. We (wife and I) hiked up Harney Paek which is 3 miles up and 3 back down. Then we drove the Custer wildlife loop and saw deer, bison and antelope and also a new pack of coyote cubs.

Had a bump at the bar at Sylvan Lake Lodge. Sd does a nice job with their parks they own out here. Recommend them to anyone.

I stayed in Custer park two years ago with my daughter. We drove the wildlife loop in the evening and wow do they have animals in that park. Good times:thumbsup:

Im gonna be taking an Oct Vacation out there. Gonna stay in a cabin in Hill City. We had planned to stop at crazy horse and enjoy our time.

as for pheasants, i dunno if they get much there, but here, i see them daily and every where.

landman,
that sounds like a pretty cool thing to do. i havent been by that monument. for quiet a while, how close are they to being done with it?:)

I was a very good experience. The project was started in 1948 and I remember seeing it for the first time in the late 1950's when a person could see very little progress from a distance. It takes a man with a vision to start a project that he knows will take a lifetime or two or even three to complete. To me it appears to be about a quarter completed so I'd guess that the completion date is still a very long ways away. My guess is the year 2100 for the final dedication ceremony.

so right

landman,
been by that place several time in the 60, 70, 90. have not been been by there for a long while. hope they git it done some day. it is an awesome undertaking, i cant wait to see it complete.:)

Crazy Horse Pheasant Book

Stop by my table at Crazy Horse where I have given away my pheasant book to bird hunters. Dakota Pheasant and Iowa too. Be surprised how good Northern IOwa still is. Not commercial and farmers friendly. Deep drainage ditches hold many birds. Southern Iowa is ruined for birds after their DNR let in the Turkeys. The same will happen to East Dakota as they are allowing turkeys in now. Better do your hunting there now. I-90 is proof as to how many birds we have, mainly Reliance to Draper. . You see quite a few dead ones all winter long.

Stop by my table at Crazy Horse where I have given away my pheasant book to bird hunters. Dakota Pheasant and Iowa too. Be surprised how good Northern IOwa still is. Not commercial and farmers friendly. Deep drainage ditches hold many birds. Southern Iowa is ruined for birds after their DNR let in the Turkeys. The same will happen to East Dakota as they are allowing turkeys in now. Better do your hunting there now. I-90 is proof as to how many birds we have, mainly Reliance to Draper. . You see quite a few dead ones all winter long.

well you are gonna see dead ones every where, especially on th highway bc them birds are NOT smart enuf to stay away from highways.

its people like me that actually go to places where there are LESS traffic and less chance of getting hit by a car, i see pheasants every where when im in my sprayer... so they are there, just in rapid city, theres more trees and space than a typical place that has lots of highways and no cover like rapid city has.

That Black Hills area is a totally beautiful place.
I wouldn't recommend a July trip however.:eek:

Or a Oct Pheasant hunt in the Black Hills.

Back