Dickinson Plantation grade

Didn't know there was such a thing. Is Cabela's still sourcing them from Turkey? The regular grade is a pretty nice looking gun, but finding one with an SST is difficult.

Never heard of them either.

But "plantation grade" who in their right mind thought that was a good marketing strategy ?

Is there a back story ?

That's a good point. My mind went to Rio Piedra, Pine Hill, a brace o' pointers, Havillah Babcock, and a mule-drawn wagon. I would guess that's what they had in mind.

Other people's minds might go to "12 Years a Slave", the confederate flag, Jim Crow laws, etc.

Hope they know what they're doing.

The SST guns can be "found". A guy over on the Huglu forum of Shotgunworld.com just had a Dickinson SST 16ga imported through the only other dealer in the US(I believe) other than Cabelas. It is same gun that Cabela's gets is my understanding, but you can customize the configuration that suits you.

FYI

I saw a 20ga on one of the gun auction sites. Looks nice if you prefer the side lock look over the box lock. Is it a real side lock or just a box lock with plates?

Never heard of them either.

But "plantation grade" who in their right mind thought that was a good marketing strategy ?

Is there a back story ?

By plantation grade I would assume they want you to envision carrying it on one of those fancy, Orvis endorsed "plantations" down south where they haul you around in buggies behind setters and pointers and let out a fine little cocker to handle the flush and retrieve.:cheers:

By plantation grade I would assume they want you to envision carrying it on one of those fancy, Orvis endorsed "plantations" down south where they haul you around in buggies behind setters and pointers and let out a fine little cocker to handle the flush and retrieve.:cheers:

So no gun bearers ?

So no gun bearers ?

Well, if you need help carrying a 6LB gun 20ft from the buggy to the point I'm sure they will have someone carry it for you. They will be there of their own free will and compensated for their work I hope.:eek:

Back