david0311---Pheasant Care

One of my peeves though is to pull up onto a hunting spot, and let the dogs out to air while I get ready, only to find my dogs gorging on guts and feathers from cleanings that occurred previously. :(

Sorry about that.; my boys never touch that crap when I clean birds and leave the guts and shit where I parked. Your dogs must be low lifes :D

I can only hope you are kidding in that post. There are people other than pheasant hunters that use public lands and parking areas. It doesn't leave a very good perception of pheasant hunters when there are piles of feathers, guts, and carcasses laying there. If you plan to clean your birds when you get back to your truck, take along some plastic grocery store or Walmart bags and haul away the remains. Show some respect for the hunting grounds and for the birds.

If you plan to clean your birds when you get back to your truck, take along some plastic grocery store or Walmart bags and haul away the remains. Show some respect for the hunting grounds and for the birds.

Great advice 519. I keep a 5 gallon bucket in my truck for litter left behind around public hunting grounds/parking lots. I think much of it is left behind by people looking for a place to drink and "party" a bit. I've found some nasty stuff before--not worth mentioning.:eek:

Either-way, hunters or not, it reflects poorly on us. So I too get it out of there.

Nick

david0311

Great advice 519. I keep a 5 gallon bucket in my truck for litter left behind around public hunting grounds/parking lots. I think much of it is left behind by people looking for a place to drink and "party" a bit. I've found some nasty stuff before--not worth mentioning.:eek:

Either-way, hunters or not, it reflects poorly on us. So I too get it out of there.

Nick[/QUOTE

God lord guy's:eek:--I thought when I made my post about cleaning my birds at the truck--

With a group this dedicated to the sport--That it would go without saying-

1-It would be done in a legal manner-as far as possession/transportation go's

2-And not done it such a way as to not leave the site in an unethical--
unsightly --possibly unhealthy --and in some case's even illegal manner

3-As 519 and Nick among others have pointed out-it's not that hard ;):cheers:

Reddog,
I'm with you, can't stand pulling in and seeing a bunch of carcasses laying about. Never see it in Kansas, but about 1/2 of the fields in South Dakota are this way. Don't give me this crap about leaving it for the animals either, it's called laziness and makes all us hunters look bad. My shorthair got into a carcass last year in SD, eating bones and whatnot and the poor guy couldn't crap for 3 days. Pick up after yourself and if you really want to leave it for the critters then put it somewhere else other than the place hunters park.

If the weather is cool enough I take my birds home whole and age them for a few days before cleaning and freezing or brining.

Last edited:
Why are you being such a dick man the ditch isn't the right place for it
The antis think it's waste. I drove across a bridge once where somebody had tossed a bunch of snow geese. They stumble on that it'd be all over the phukin interweb.

you see the kinda guy leaving the mess dont ya... cant tell em nothing...

seen samething in kansas 3 years ago found under a bridge on a wiha we found at least 9-10 turkeys dumped off the bridge all were just breasted no fans cut off most just had beards cut & spurs + breasted what a waste & horrible site... went back 2 days later 4 more birds dumped...

i do leave guts for critters but not at a parking area or ditch i will clean em on edge of cattails near waters edge so watch out i walk a ways off the roads lol

bet the dog was sorry he eat them bones karma is a b****

Back