CZ-USA Side By Side

Richwood

Wondering if anyone has any experience or thoughts on CZ-USA Side By Side shotguns especially the Bobwhite 20g?

I don't have any personnel experience with a Bobwhite but the reviews under the Huglu section on Shotgunworld seem to be positive.

I have a 28ga Ringneck. Love it! Everyone I hand it to likes it.

Thinking about buying one in 20ga. My buddy has the Bobwhite in 20ga

and is happy with it. He's more traditional, I like single triggers.

After over 1000 rounds, no problems.

Carl

I also shoot a 28ga ringneck thata I absolutely love. Probably over 2000 rounds through her witn out a hitch. I really do wish it had ejectors but hey, I only paid like $800 for it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

I have a canvasback which is an O/U not a side by side, but I like it a lot. We gave away a bobwhite at our last PF banquet and it was well received. The owner of the gun shop who treats us very well, sold us on the CZ's being some of the best midrange priced double barrel guns on the market.

I would add that any O/U or SxS cheaper than a Cz might not be a good idea. My brother has a Stevens 311 SxS I believe that is a couple seasons old that has a lot of problems. Already had one firing pen replaced last year and now both barrels are mis firing periodically. Seemed like a good deal at the time but with wild pheasants being very hard to come by around here a mis firing gun is just not cutting it.

Don't mind not having ejectors as I'm reloading the 28s.

I also paid $800 for mine. Wood isn't anything to write home about ,but

that's not what I bought it for.

None of my shells out of my ejector gun ever hit the ground (I hate finding other peoples hulls on the ground). I put my hand over the chambers as I crack the gun and catch them when the ejectors kick them into my palm. It makes getting more than 2 shots off at a covey rise much easier.:thumbsup:

Now my brothers Franchi 48al 28ga flings the shells a mile and he spends a lot of time hunting for them after a shot.

Thanks for all the info and thoughts guys....also a lot of good reviews on the net....think I'm going to buy a Bobwhite 20g SxS....it can split time hunting this fall with my Ruger Red Label 20g O/U :)

I picked up a used 12g ring-neck. Had problems with it double firing on me when the right barrel was selected. Took it in $40 later it was fixed and have not had a problem since. It was just a bad sear pin. All in all a good sxs for the price that you wont feel bad scratching up and hunting with.

Thanks for all the info and thoughts guys....also a lot of good reviews on the net....think I'm going to buy a Bobwhite 20g SxS....it can split time hunting this fall with my Ruger Red Label 20g O/U :)

PM me if you have questions I am a CZ-USA factory rep. I am happy to help!

I got one sitting in my safe...

Anyone interested... It's for sale!

$600:thumbsup:

I shoot a Bobwhite in both 20 & 28. I bought the 20 used; the sear was out of adjustment, but CZ stood behind the product & provided free warranty work even though I was not the original owner. No other issues apart from that and adapting to 2 triggers again.

Back