CZ Upland Ultralight

I know lots of guys on here shoot cz and are quite fond of them. I am getting tired of dragging a goose gun through the fields (sbe). I was wondering if anyone on here hunted with the upland ultralight?

To me it sounds like carrying a 20 gauge (6#)and getting the patterns of a 12.

I bought a CZ Upland Ultralight 12 GA 28" for our Denver PF banquet last year, plus a CZ Redhead Deluxe 20 GA. CZ has a great program for helping out non-profit's like Pheasants Forever, DU, etc. Kick-them-Up on this forum is involved with that program at CZ in Kansas City and he has been very helpful for our banquet the last couple of years. We ordered six guns from them this year.

Anyway, those two over-unders both generated a lot of raffle ticket sales. I know the guy who won the Upland Ultralight and he let me shoot it at one of our PF youth training clinics/youth hunts (his son was out there). It shoots fine and would be a dream to carry around all day.

There are a lot of different opinions but in Eastern CO, I walk a LOT and shoot a little. Weight and balance are very important to me. For the last two years I've been using a Lanbar 12GA O/U that I got at Cabela's N.I.B. for $700 that weighs 6 lbs 4 oz on my scale with 26" barrels. I shoot it fine and it balances well, even in one hand while I'm working my E-collar transmitter. Since I don't get very many shots, I don't want to limit myself to certain range shots like I might have to do if I was carrying my 6 lb 7 oz Browning Citori 20 GA. Plus, I've got a 12GA reloader so that also steers me toward a 12 GA.

If you want a lightweight, easy to carry 12 GA O/U for hunting, that doesn't cost you a mortgage, I would highly recommend the CZ Upland Ultralight. If you want to hunt with the gun and shoot a bunch of clay targets, you would probably want a little heavier gun.

Tom

I have been looking at the CZ Ringneck SxS 16ga. So far all I have been able to find is pictures. I'm thinking about taking a chance and ordering one.

I have been looking at the CZ Ringneck SxS 16ga. So far all I have been able to find is pictures. I'm thinking about taking a chance and ordering one.

Go for it! I love my Ringneck.:cheers:

I know lots of guys on here shoot cz and are quite fond of them. I am getting tired of dragging a goose gun through the fields (sbe). I was wondering if anyone on here hunted with the upland ultralight?

Jake, you may want to look at the Stevens 555 also, it's a New Turkish import that is in the 12ga 6# category and costs $700. I think I'm going to order one in .410.

Hi Jakeismydog,

Sorry been on the road the past month. On the Upland Ultra Light subject if I can be of assistance please let me know. Just PM me with any spec questions you have. I will be happy to answer them. Just a note on that gun, it is really light and is not a range or dove gun. Due to it being light the recoil on heavy loads can get old if shooting it a bunch in a session or hunt. I like it due to it being light and it does fatigue me when walking 2 mile field. Since the bird numbers have been lean the last few years I don't have to worry about a lot of shooting.:D I do too own and SBE and still shoot it, but is does get old on long fields with no shooting!

Thanks,
Kick'em Up

Pretty gun and very reasonable price too. I shoot a 20 ga. Citori Upland and as been said, the recoil of a 1 1/4 oz. load can be heavy but actually the 7/8 oz. load raps noticeably harder. 6 pound guns are for hunting and not so much for shooting a lot or where you can concentrate on the recoil. If you like it's fit and feel you'll love its weight at the end of the day.

Back