Cubs Win!

Kismet

UPH Guru
I lived in Chicago for the first 43 years of my life.

When the game got to 6-6, I was pretty sure the tradition was going to continue. :(

But now, I want a Billy Goat's double cheezborger with chip. :D

(Back in 1908, Theodore Roosevelt was president, New Mexico, Arizona, Alaska and Hawaii were not yet states, and the first Ford Model T car was two weeks old.)

SO NERVE RACKING LAST NIGHT! I thought they were done too.. But this is what they have done all year! Counting them out is the biggest mistake the opponent can make. They just keep coming and coming and coming at you!
Im really really tired today!!
:10sign::10sign::10sign:

SO NERVE RACKING LAST NIGHT! I thought they were done too.. But this is what they have done all year! Counting them out is the biggest mistake the opponent can make. They just keep coming and coming and coming at you!
Im really really tired today!!
:10sign::10sign::10sign:

Well, they come at you once every 108 years!:D

Growing up in Burlington we received 2 TV stations from Milwaukee and WGN. I watched a lot of Cubs home games in black and white [which were all day games then]. Ernie Banks "The Cubs will shine in '69", etc.. Made it to a game once at Wrigley. Not really a Cubs fan, but am glad to see them win and as a baseball fan it was a fun series to watch.

Joe tried to outsmart himself and damn near did. Kyle was mowing them down, then the ump squeezed him on a couple pitches and he pulled him. That almost cost him the series. He probably would have thrown a ground ball double play to the next batter and could have went a couple more innings. Lester is a terrific pitcher, but not much of a ballplayer. If I was managing him, Spring Training would consist of weeks of pickoff and fielding drills.

Congrats to the Cubs. Awesome game last night!

Minus the rain delay I think it was the best game 7 I can remember since maybe Kirk Gibson or one of the Marlins wins in '97 or '03. And yes, sour grapes. I know Cubs fans aren't used to it, but as a cardinals fan we are not used to not playing in October! Love the rivalry though. Doesnt matter if you go to a game at Busch or Wrigley its always half blue, half red.

Joe tried to outsmart himself and damn near did. Kyle was mowing them down, then the ump squeezed him on a couple pitches and he pulled him. That almost cost him the series. He probably would have thrown a ground ball double play to the next batter and could have went a couple more innings. Lester is a terrific pitcher, but not much of a ballplayer. If I was managing him, Spring Training would consist of weeks of pickoff and fielding drills.

Could not agree More!! Tried to over manage. The guy was 63 pitches in and had given up 1 run in 18 innings of work.He was the only fresh pitcher he had and was doing fine with a 5-1 lead. Great series and both teams were fun to watch.:10sign:

Back