Crops will be up!!!

Don't feel sorry for me (and many others on this sight) I was there the first 5 days of the season and got my limit of 15 pheasant and I got to see my dogs work for more than JUST 1 HOUR! So it's a win win the way I look at it! Corn up or down I always remain positive when it comes to upland hunting!

I am glad you had good "sight" while shooting for the opener. If you look at the majority of replies on the "site" people had little luck. Just an opinion.

I am glad you had good "sight" while shooting for the opener. If you look at the majority of replies on the "site" people had little luck. Just an opinion.

Really? Most on here seem to be doing pretty well. You must be reading a different site than me. Combines were just starting to roll where we were at and we saw plenty. Shooting was the only thing that held us back. All the guy's at the motel we were at limited or were close to it everyday and they didn't even have dogs. This was in 80 degree heat.

Ha! Classic response.... About your negative opinion on this SITE it would go a lot farther if you make it more factually based. For example, you could have said "here in x county 100% of the corn is still in and beans are being taken out. Also in x county CRP enrollment is down so based on my boots on the ground observation I would wait until later to hunt the northeast part of x county due to this scenario. Instead you write "crops are still in don't waste your money coming to South Dakota" and don't list any geographical location or proof for that matter on why for some reason opening weekend will suck. So I read your negative opinion, laugh, and come up to South Dakota seeing harvested corn fields and I get my limit. As many others that I heard from did as well, but I'm sure not everyone did that well but far from a bust like you're so confidently portraying. Good luck this weekend and enjoy the hunt.

53 birds a day for group of 17, 3 days in a row, Opener, oh did I mention about an hour and a half?

Does this guy have an agenda or what.

Is there a special license that lets you get 3.11 birds per day that I don't know about?:D

53 birds a day for group of 17, 3 days in a row, Opener, oh did I mention about an hour and a half?

Does this guy have an agenda or what.

He's trying to steer business your way on another thread. Maybe he is trying to help you. Or keep people off public land. One or the other.

Ha! Classic response.... About your negative opinion on this SITE it would go a lot farther if you make it more factually based. For example, you could have said "here in x county 100% of the corn is still in and beans are being taken out. Also in x county CRP enrollment is down so based on my boots on the ground observation I would wait until later to hunt the northeast part of x county due to this scenario. Instead you write "crops are still in don't waste your money coming to South Dakota" and don't list any geographical location or proof for that matter on why for some reason opening weekend will suck. So I read your negative opinion, laugh, and come up to South Dakota seeing harvested corn fields and I get my limit. As many others that I heard from did as well, but I'm sure not everyone did that well but far from a bust like you're so confidently portraying. Good luck this weekend and enjoy the hunt.

Great Comment. :10sign:
I couldn't agree more.

Obviously you are not up to date on common core new math.

I got all caught up on the new common core approach to teaching math and pulled my kid from public school AGAIN! He's going to a private Lutheran school now where they teach math in a way that makes sense to me. Another bonus is that they're not scared to hold him and his peers accountable for their own actions. Its still okay there if a 9yo boy draws a picture of him carrying a shotgun while hunting with dad AND they're smart enough to lock the freakin' doors during the day:thumbsup:

Sorry to contribute to the highjacking of this thread...I can see that everyone is very regretful of their decision to still hunt the opener, despite all the crops being in:D

Gotta love the spell check defense when none other are available. By the way, your use of multiple exclamation points in the thread title and posts is not proper. I shouldn't care, but since you seem to be big on spelling and punctuation.

LOL......This thread:eek:

Either way, pheasant hunters who hunted SD over the past few weeks did well and are now enjoying wild pheasant for dinner.

In the meantime, we have the rest of the season to look forward to with (hopefully) cooler weather. If lucky, there will be some snow for the later portion of the season too.:thumbsup:

Back