Crop status

Dry. Many thought delayed planting - delay in harvest. Just so dry this fall that the moisture content in the grain says it is a go.

Good to see a thread on this. I'm hoping more chime in particularly between Aberdeen and Mobridge. Good luck to all next weekend!

I am between Aberdeen and Mobridge. A lot of beans coming out and some corn. Good forecast this week.

Talked to farmer and a crop adjuster in the above listed area and both saying same thing. Beans wrapping up and corn rolling in. drier than expected so see no reason that harvest won't continue as it has been. These guys were closer to Mobridge than Aberdeen. As you go farther south it seems they may be slightly behind on harvest but will still have a lot out by November 1 it seems like.

This is great news for the opener!! With dry weather all week should be alot of grain coming out of the fields.

Just talked to my contact near Huron and his beans are all done, figures 2 weeks the corn will be done for him. Yields are down 20-25% however, hes not too thrilled with that.

Customer combiner we hunt with had been done for beans in Aberdeen to Redfield area as of Oct 1 and was on corn. There's no significant rain in the forecast but even if it did, it would dry fast enough to get back in the fields right away. I would guess most will see 50% corn gone for non-resident opener this weekend.

Crop report from this week has both beans and corn running slightly behind last years pace but ahead of the 5 year average. My guess would be beginning of November should see 85% of the corn out give or take. There’s always some late harvest no matter what the weather is. One difference is from what I’m hearing corn is really dried down so won’t be any delays waiting for it to knock off the last couple of points.

NE South Dakota 80 percent of beans are done, 10 percent of corn. Winds and chance of fire slowed things down the past three days. Lots of birds late afternoons on the township roads. Rather impressed with the bird and deer numbers.

Week ending 10/16
Field Crops Report: Corn condition rated 13% very poor, 18% poor, 30% fair, 35% good, and 4% excellent. Corn mature was 97%, near 96% last year, and ahead of 88% for the five-year average. Harvested was 44%, near 48% last year, but ahead of 29% average.
Soybeans harvested was 82%, near 84% last year, but well ahead of 56% average.

Heard from first farmer delaying corn harvest due to moisture. Good weather forecast I’m sure is part of it with no rain on the horizon to cause issues getting it out later.

Back