Covid-19 and hunting

wolfcreeknc

Planning on heading out to the wonderful state of Kansas late next week. So how has the Covid-19 changed things out there for you-all regarding hunting and staying in small towns?

Cheers!

For me? Nothing.

Not sure about the quarantine requirements for out of state hunters right now. I’m sure that others who know more than I will chime in shortly.

From the Googlizer:

Those who have traveled to the following locations need to quarantine for 14 days after arrival in Kansas. This applies to both Kansas residents and those visiting Kansas:
  • Attended/traveled to mass gathering events out-of-state of 500 people or greater where individuals do not socially distance (6 feet) and wear masks..
  • Been on a cruise ship or river cruise on or after March 15.
  • Others needing to continue quarantining:
    • Received notification from public health officials (state or local) that you are a close contact of a laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19.

Thanks so far for your inputs. I have been following the Kansas website regarding travel so I am up on that. I am more interested in knowing how Covid may have impacted anyone's hunt or visits in small towns etc.
Thanks in advance!
Wolf

While I cannot comment on any personal experience in rural Kansas, rural spread of the virus in the Midwest is arguably the highest there is in this country right now.

For a long time, I think a lot of people only thought it would affect urban areas and they were safe out in the rural countryside. That is not the case anymore. States with the highest rate of infection right now are largely mostly rural (North/South Dakota, Iowa, etc).

Just something to keep in mind. Avoid others if you decide to travel.

I have been in Plainville twice. Opening weekend and Thanksgiving. All stores and restaurants open. No masks being worn at convenience store or bar/restaurant. Grocery store was about 75% masks. No health issues for me, my friends or family after visiting. Use some common sense, get outdoors and go hunting IMHO.

Another issue this year with Covid is that, for whatever reason, out of work, want to get out/away from others, the area we hunt in Kansas was over-run with out of state hunters. We were out there 3 weeks and starting Thanksgiving the rush was on.

Back