Count Down to 11-8

cheesy

Come on guys, get some excitement. 2 1/2 weeks or so.

11-7 is my 5 year anniversary. Guess where we're going to be to celebrate? In the truck headed west..... :)

Hell Im just as excited for the Missouri opener in a week and a half. I have the Royal's to entertain me until then.

Oh I'm excited. But with hunting Chickens a few times this year and getting the dogs out on quail it kind of takes the edge off it.

Also the weather is ruining it so far too. I'm thinking fishing right now with 70 plus degree days.

Was thinking about heading west this opening day for the second time in my life but remembered I HATE crowds and don't want my dogs ending up with someone elses hunting party. Instead I'll stay closer to home where I know a few covies of quail are.

I'm buzzed about Nov. 8th. Just sent in my Nov. 7th banquet reservation to my PF chapter.

Be here before ya know it. Found a few ways to help the time pass, made for some good eats too.

file.php

file.php

I am excitrd but been too busy lately. Just got my new weatherby 20 ga yesterday. First new shotgun of my life. The other few were dads or my grandpas

I am excitrd but been too busy lately. Just got my new weatherby 20 ga yesterday. First new shotgun of my life. The other few were dads or my grandpas

Enjoy that gun! I got my own first shotgun at age 44. Before that they were relatives' and friends'.

Just started polling my group about their plans. Reports where I'm going are "better", but still not "good". Would love to get a good freeze in the next week or so.

Right now I'm just as excited about the next two K-State games. Go Cats!

I'm always excited for the High Holy Day.

Maybe more so than normal because my hunting buddy (whom I never go without) added his father-in-law to the party. His father-in-law doesn't get to get out much because he's got both the colostomy bag and the urostomy bag so he's been limited to say the least. However, he's coming along to block and enjoy the day. He accompanied us last year twice, harkening back to his younger days as a hunter, thanking us for the offer of coming along.

Been out and about in McPherson County and have been pleasantly surprised by seeing some birds now and then.

Maybe more so than normal because my hunting buddy (whom I never go without) added his father-in-law to the party. His father-in-law doesn't get to get out much because he's got both the colostomy bag and the urostomy bag so he's been limited to say the least. However, he's coming along to block and enjoy the day. He accompanied us last year twice, harkening back to his younger days as a hunter, thanking us for the offer of coming along.

Been out and about in McPherson County and have been pleasantly surprised by seeing some birds now and then.

This one brought both a smile & a tear to my eye! GOD BLESS :10sign:

Enjoy that gun! I got my own first shotgun at age 44. Before that they were relatives' and friends'.

Yep Britchaser , I think at 43 years old I was due a new one. I got the weatherby deluxe model. It is really light and finish is real nice. Its no browning or beretta but it came in at 1/2 the price too. I usually use a 12 ga but the almost extra 1 lb lighter 20 ga has its benefits. I cant wait to get out this year the gsp is 3 years old and finally getting the hang of things. She was a little slower to get out of the goofy puppy stage than my other pups but she is coming along nicely now.

Cool. Can't wait to see it.

I couldn't wait for 11-8 and just got back from ND. If you like to hunt all day I wouldn't go up there.:D Now I can't wait for 11-8, my dog didn't even get up off his bed this morning.

I'm working 11 days straight to be able to have a 3 days off opening weekend.

Gotta do what ya gotta do. Going duck hunting Friday before and then quail hunting the other two days.

I'm kinda bumming right at the moment. I've had a bad knee for some years now, but not so bad that it affected things too much. Well, the last two days it has really bothering me, so I'm questionable for the MO opener this weekend, and who knows what for the KS one.

Ness go get you s cortizone shot in that knee. It will get you thru a few weeks. I have had:coolpics: a couple in my rotator to avoid surgery gnna get surgery sftet thr 1st.

Ness go get you s cortizone shot in that knee. It will get you thru a few weeks. I have had:coolpics: a couple in my rotator to avoid surgery gnna get surgery sftet thr 1st.
Good idea -- I'm gonna see if I can get that done. Thanks

And, I did get it done. Feels great right now, but Doc said that would be the case until the numb drug wears off in about a day. Sposta be good for the weekend when the cortisone kicks in. We'll see...

Good deal. I think depending on what your knees problem is you may get more than a week or two out of it. My rotator was probably good for 3 weeks. This new phone has much of my typing messed up. We will be staying in concordia and probably be hunting mostly west of there a bit. We just have 3 hunters and my 10 year old is tagging along so we might have to hunt smallish stuff like just half sections. :)

Good for him, and good for you guys for finding a way to make it happen.

Back