"Cougar"

FCSpringer

:eek: Cougar seen and filmed in pope CO this weekend near Glenwood. They had it on the news. Be on the look out for that sucker hunting boys, nothing to mess with. I hope no one gets hurt in a run in with that thing. I guess it is a huge one too. They can be very dangerous.

You better carry a few rounds of 00 buck shot in case he decides to make a pass at you or the dogs.

836007545_26811fb3cc.jpg
[/url]

836875442_000806973b.jpg
[/url]

attachment.php

I walked to within 15 feet of one last week while quail hunting. It gets your blood running for sure ! :eek:

Oddest thing was it was dead quiet- no tweety birds, nothing. I guess they saw it first. I leashed my dog (always carry a leash), fired a shot for noise, gave it a minute or two to leave and carefully left the area. The local deer die off has them scrambling in lower elevations. It did take my mind off of snakes. ;)

They are killing 5 - 10 Lions a year in ND now. The one in Pope County might be running south of St Cloud by now. For some reason the couple that have been spotted in the Metro all head to Wisconsin.

Did you know that wolves push out Lions. Happening in the YellowStone area. Anyways, might be why lions don't get too established up North.

A local guy just chased one away with a bb gun Friday as well. (He shot a wheel barrel to make noise.)

There have only been 16 attacks on humans in California in 120 years, 6 fatalities. If encountered stand your ground, don't run, give it a way out.

A bit un nerving when its just you and the dog and you come across fresh tracks and the smell of cat urine. All the sudden your loads of bird shot don't seem so deadly.:eek:

Damn!

I got all excited when I read the title of this post. I thought maybe you spotted one of those other Cougars and had a hunting location for us.

maybe next time

A bit un nerving when its just you and the dog and you come across fresh tracks and the smell of cat urine. All the sudden your loads of bird shot don't seem so deadly.:eek:

QH the one I ran into wasn't 20 yards from where Trap retrieved that 'mystery' quail. Got my blood going for sure but he really didn't want any part of me. Now if Trap was further away from me I may have lost him.

I think shorthairs wants the kind you find at the Sheraton Lounge. :D

A local guy just chased one away with a bb gun Friday as well. (He shot a wheel barrel to make noise.)

There have only been 16 attacks on humans in California in 120 years, 6 fatalities. If encountered stand your ground, don't run, give it a way out.

I am not sure what area, I thought it was CA, but there is I believe an Island somewhere out there that they are protected, and there was more then that # of attacks and fatality's just there alone. It was on a TV show as well. But the #'s were higher then that. And more recent due to a growing population. No matter I would not hesitate to blast it if I felt threatend or my dog, I hate cats.

Last edited:
yea, they're just big o' fuzzy, hugable kitty kats. Scratch their belly and watch 'em purrrrrrrr.. :rolleyes:

Two legged cougars

I thought you guys were talking about two legged cougars. Bar Cats!, they scare me worse than the big outdoor cats. I'd tremble all the way to the motel, just contemplating the possibilities! I hear those northern girls are strong and agressive! I might have scratches all over my back.

Maple Grove MN is loaded with cougars. The best time to spot them is during happy hour. The best spot is at the lookout bar.

FCSpringer do you hunt in the Sedan, Terrace area? If so how is it?

I used to hunt in that area alot when I was a Kid haven't been back for a long time. We sure shot a lot of ducks and a few pheasants in the late 80's

Last edited:
Woodbury on the Eastside.

On a real note: In ND cougars remain unprotected north and east of the Missouri river. If Minnesota does not plan on having a viable population they should be unprotected in MN too.

Yea it would be hard to understand why they would want that with the high rural poppulation in MN. There is no room for them and they will be around forever in areas more suitable for them. At least we should hope not.

Back