Conspiracy Theorists

vikeshunter

I love reading the post about all the supposed GF&P conspiracy to get hunters to come to my wonderful state.

In fact, I know some of it is true. I have some "secret" recordings of some high officials in the state meeting in a shady backroom in Pierre taking bribes and commanding the GF&P staff to inflate the numbers. Those who did not play ball are mysteriously now missing. Could they be in Area 51, it sure is a possibility. For those who doubt my recording, I can show you the grassy knoll where I recorded the whole thing!

My theory is the numbers are down because of the chemicals all the planes are dropping out of the sky. We all know the government is behind those chemical trails behind the commercial airliners for mind control and pheasant population control.

On a serious note, I am heading up next week to check out the numbers myself (Active Duty guy who still keeps his SD residency). We shall see if those sneaky officials really are telling the truth!

I love reading the post about all the supposed GF&P conspiracy to get hunters to come to my wonderful state.

In fact, I know some of it is true. I have some "secret" recordings of some high officials in the state meeting in a shady backroom in Pierre taking bribes and commanding the GF&P staff to inflate the numbers. Those who did not play ball are mysteriously now missing. Could they be in Area 51, it sure is a possibility. For those who doubt my recording, I can show you the grassy knoll where I recorded the whole thing!

My theory is the numbers are down because of the chemicals all the planes are dropping out of the sky. We all know the government is behind those chemical trails behind the commercial airliners for mind control and pheasant population control.

On a serious note, I am heading up next week to check out the numbers myself (Active Duty guy who still keeps his SD residency). We shall see if those sneaky officials really are telling the truth!

LOL to funny.:thumbsup:

It's the internet, if we don't talk about conspiracy theory, what else is there to talk about?
:cheers:

Just returned from SD on Thursday, 28 out 30 for us, About the same amount of birds as last year. Fewer crops in and in different locations as last year. I think that has a lot to do with bird numbers in certain areas. Our hot section last year didn't have a bird on it... no food for miles!

Saw some nice bucks as usual on the early trip. My home pc is down, will post some photos when I can

I think we read way too much into the percentages that the GF&P releases. If you look at the actual numbers statewide the average pheasants per mile went from 2.68 to 3.8. A 42% increase seems like a lot but it actually was a little more than 1 bird per mile. Using percentages can be quite mis-leading. Take my area of Watertown for instance. GF&P said we are up 67%. That would seem like a significant increase but in reality it was from 1.21 to 2.01. A whopping .8 birds per mile. Hardly anything to get excited about. And the Sioux Falls area was up 100% (1.06 to 2.11). You throw those kind of numbers into the average and it kind of distorts the percentages statewide.

I realize the brood survey is probably not extremely accurate but it's the method the GF&P has been using for probably the past 100 years. Not sure how else they could do it.

I think we read way too much into the percentages that the GF&P releases. If you look at the actual numbers statewide the average pheasants per mile went from 2.68 to 3.8. A 42% increase seems like a lot but it actually was a little more than 1 bird per mile. Using percentages can be quite mis-leading. Take my area of Watertown for instance. GF&P said we are up 67%. That would seem like a significant increase but in reality it was from 1.21 to 2.01. A whopping .8 birds per mile. Hardly anything to get excited about. And the Sioux Falls area was up 100% (1.06 to 2.11). You throw those kind of numbers into the average and it kind of distorts the percentages statewide.

I realize the brood survey is probably not extremely accurate but it's the method the GF&P has been using for probably the past 100 years. Not sure how else they could do it.

agree Zeb, you just have to be smart enough to compare apples to apples and screw the oranges! :eek:

i think hunter numbers will fall way back next year as a lot of guys feel they were fooled, but honestly the farming practices are really hurting bird numbers, overall, so any improvements will take time, unless the weather is perfect in the spring.

agree Zeb, you just have to be smart enough to compare apples to apples and screw the oranges! :eek:

i think hunter numbers will fall way back next year as a lot of guys feel they were fooled, but honestly the farming practices are really hurting bird numbers, overall, so any improvements will take time, unless the weather is perfect in the spring.

I agree farming practices are holding numbers down, of many species.

I am all ears if there is an alternative.

In fact, I know some of it is true. I have some "secret" recordings of some high officials in the state meeting in a shady backroom in Pierre taking bribes and commanding the GF&P staff to inflate the numbers. Those who did not play ball are mysteriously now missing.

I think the above should be the foundation of the plot line for the next season of Fargo.

You know. Norwegian crime syndicate based in Aberdeen. Heavily invested in strip clubs, seedy motels, illegal gambling, imported call girls & diners. Sees the poor nesting conditions & loss of habitat. Calculates the income loss from fun seeking non-residents and goes to the state capitol to rig the game.

I'd watch.

Back