Christmas Gifts

Nick

Anybody giving/getting any good hunting-related items for Christmas. My 16 year old son is getting a new shotgun. I haven't been this excited for Christmas in a while!

You getting him a 16 gauge since he is sixteen?

Last edited:
i gifted myself a new pair of Danner boots and a pheasant hunting trip to ND next October....obviously i have been very good this year!:thumbsup:

My daughter is getting a pink bb gun.:D I can't wait to see her shoot the center out of every can in the recycle bin.:thumbsup:

I asked my wife, again, to take hunters safety as her Christmas gift to me. She acts like she is going to do it. If she does, then this would be a very merry Christmas for sure.

Our "family" Christmas gift arrives tomorrow. A 1 1/2 year old GSP courtesy of Beaglebob! Wife is letting me take the pup up to KS for a few days after Christmas to go hunting. I've been pretty good this year I guess!:cheers:

Sounds great Sig. Good luck next week. No 16 gauge Maynard. A 12 gauge. I know he'll be excited. Merry Christmas to everyone!

Thanks Guys! I think the wife is more excited about the pup than I am...if that's even possible because I'm super excited. I think I spent more on stuff for the dog than I did for the kids! Ha ha ha!

i gifted myself a new pair of Danner boots and a pheasant hunting trip to ND next October....obviously i have been very good this year!:thumbsup:

I would like to state that Danners are to me the best hunting boots out there. I am on my 2nd pair of Danner Winter light boots (they have the burgundy leather, gortex, $200.00 from Cabelas)

I owned a pair for 14yrs and the only reason I had to buy new ones was because I blew them out my self. They ahve the arthritic support for your heal. Buddy hooked me on them while stationed up at Elmendorf AFB back in 1992.

He had a pair and swore by them. He said he went mountain goat and Dall sheep hunting and never, ever got one blister. So after all the crappy Rocky boots and other so called "hunting boots" I bought a pair.

My wife was like "what!!!" I said hey my feet deserve the best and by gosh they were worth. I do clean them up after hunting, condition the leather, and reapply protectant (My Papa told me, you better take care of your stuff and it will last longer)...especially if you have champagne taste on a beer budget :eek:

Greg

Wha I would love is a Bennellie super eagle II autoloader, 26inch barrel, camo 12gauge. However, that will have to wait. So I am getting a new yellow lab female pup. Picking her up New Years eve.

I currently have a 12yr old yellow male and 6 yr old chocolate female, both labs.

Greg

Time Off to Hunt - A Great Gift

I am giving myself some time off to hunt next week. An old Kansas buddy now living in Salt Lake will be here. We will hunt his family's lands, my leases, and some walk-in too. We may try to shoot some turkeys too. Just getting away from the desk in the city out into the rural clime of the Happy Hunting Grounds will do me good. Happy Holidays to all.

The wife's grandparents are getting me a new pair of Danner's. I pointed the wife out to a 50% off sale they were having, and she pointed it out to her grandmother who couldn't think of anything to get me. Cant' beat a deal like that with a spoon.

The wife's grandparents are getting me a new pair of Danner's. I pointed the wife out to a 50% off sale they were having, and she pointed it out to her grandmother who couldn't think of anything to get me. Cant' beat a deal like that with a spoon.

wow, getting something useful.........beats the heck outa getting that tie with the hula dancer on it! :thumbsup:

I love my Danners.

And, word has it, Santa is going to bring me a new SportDOG 1825 with an extra collar.

Last edited:
Back