Christmas Eve/day dinner plans

When it comes to Scandinavian foods, I've had them all at family gatherings in Scandia, Kansas: Lutefisk, potatiskorv, Swedish pancakes with lingonberries, and spritz cookies to name some. Never had any memorable lutefisk but the spritz cookies were always good. :rolleyes: An article about lutefisk says, "The finished lutefisk usually is the consistency of Jello." 'Nuff said.

Last edited:
Hot dang we have room :thumbsup: Any more and we will have a convoy up to OnPoints:D

You guys make it here tommorow night and we are having Duck Ka-bobs.(lots of Garlic and Pepper with more Garlic)
I will also be grilling up some woodcock. Hope it looks just like this. Everyone make it a good day Merry Christmas:10sign:
goose002.jpg

goose005.jpg

What tasty looking potables and fare. Great pic!

"The finished lutefisk usually is the consistency of Jello." 'Nuff said.

That's why it was never any good. That's the classic sign it was over cooked. Which takes near nothing to do. Flaky fish..not snot. Man I can't wait until tomorrow night supper.

When it comes to Scandinavian foods, I've had them all at family gatherings in Scandia, Kansas: Lutefisk, potatiskorv, Swedish pancakes with lingonberries, and spritz cookies to name some. Never had any memorable lutefisk but the spritz cookies were always good. :rolleyes: An article about lutefisk says, "The finished lutefisk usually is the consistency of Jello." 'Nuff said.

My mother was born in Scandia Kansas. Her maiden name was Johnson. Are there any of them still there?

We just got done with our family meal for Christmas.
Garlic - pepper duck Ka-bobs with rice and woodcock:10sign:
Grilling action Woodcock off to the side
035.jpg

End result. Any idea how hard it is to take a picture while the rest eat.
037.jpg

Mom makes some french cookies that looks like crescents that are filled with ground nuts. She uses home made butter that we get from a friend plus sour cream and other non-processed items to make and a bunch of other cookies.Then we have roasted lamb and all the fixings.

my wife and 2 boys will have steak on the grill and the play cards. on christmas day we go to my folks and have a feast. only downside is benelliboy and cootie will have dreamed up some type of gag gift for me. last year i is was going to florida with the family so they gave me some sun tan lotion. only problem was they injected fox piss in it. nice guys, at least a little birdy warned me. i wonder what i will get this year:rolleyes:

Goldeneye.....:10sign: as always. I have to get the Windex and get my slobber off the monitor screen...my taste buds still remember those Chuckar Ka-bobs from our training get together. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM YUM! :cheers:

Just like George. :) Home alone. Sister in law flubbed up everyones dinner plans so I would make it home in time to watch tv with the folks for a few hrs and leave again. So, wifey is working today and I am headed out with Odie and River for a couple roosters. We hope to have creamed alapheasant tonight. Next weekend is ham with her side of the bunch.
Have a good one folks.

Christmas Eve is the biggie in my family. Were Pollacks so its no meat on X-Mas eve.
Fish, usually salmon and whitefish,smelt, shrimp and so forth. My wife,two boys, and I made homemade pierogis yesterday.
We do this at my aunts house now but it used to be at my grandparents apartment which was literally across from Cook County Jail at 26th and California on the south side of Chicago.
Those were the days. Non english speaking great grandma on the second floor and a bar in the basement, everyone showed up at my grandparents apartment on New Years Eve. Never a shortage of food.
Just a funny side note, my grandma was never a fan of colored people and the guy that ran the parking lot next door was black and every christmas eve, my grandpa would invite Mr. Newton up to eat and Mr. Newton always made it a point to give my grandma a big kiss.
Those days are over, my grandpa died 12/25/1991. Christmas eve was never the same.
As for Christmas Day, go to the Outlaws house, listen to my idiot brother in law brag about his job, argue with his dad, my wifes uncles get drunk, and watch my boys fight with their cousin.
Ill go home early so i can bird hunt early the next morning.

The boy and his wife work in law enforcement and have conflicting work hours so last weekend we were able to get together for our Christmas. So for today and tomorrow we will have Christmas eve dinner, roasted bird with all the fixings.

Christmas day we are going down to Hot Springs SD to the SD state Verterns Home with home made cookies and spend some time trying to make it a better day for those that have served our country.

Merry Christmas all and hope for a better New Year.:):)

The boy and his wife work in law enforcement and have conflicting work hours so last weekend we were able to get together for our Christmas. So for today and tomorrow we will have Christmas eve dinner, roasted bird with all the fixings.

Christmas day we are going down to Hot Springs SD to the SD state Verterns Home with home made cookies and spend some time trying to make it a better day for those that have served our country.

Merry Christmas all and hope for a better New Year.:):)

What a wonderful Way to spend Christmas.:thumbsup: I'll bet the vets love it.:10sign::cheers:

Back