Choke Change

IC worked well today with #5 lead, but birds were spooky as all get out…hard to get near…problem was they were bunched up and there were too many of them…would have preferred 1/10 as many…
First world problems. Hate it when there are too many pheasants. 😉

I hear you, but there were 10x too many…fine for 6 or 8 hunters, just 2 of us…spooky!!!
Yeah, that first nervous hen can cause major problems. They're definitely starting to bunch up. I saw more pheasants Monday than I'd seen any other day this season.

They make an A5 light 12..,.I have one, someone left it at my camp 15 years ago…nice gun.
Still a fairly heavy gun at 7.5 to 7.75 lbs. depending on barrel length and rib... But still considerably lighter than a standard Auto 5 12 ga.

They make an A5 light 12..,.I have one, someone left it at my camp 15 years ago…nice gun.
Fantastic shotguns, but as not sweet to carry as a Sweet 16 is, a Light 12 is REALLY not sweet or light. That said, BOSS is now apparently making roll crimped 1-1/8 oz 16 gauge loads, which, when I finally get around to purchasing some, should turn my gun into an actual Sweet 16, rather than more of a Sweet 20. Could even bump performance into the Sweet 14 realm.

Back