Chamberlain, SD Hunt 19-22 December

P4PLABS

Hey guys, I've got a deposit in on a 4-day hunting/3-night lodging hunt and had a couple guys back out due to some family issues. Anyway, my 74-year old dad is flying out from upstate NY for his first SoDak pheasant hunt and we were hoping we could pick up a few guys to keep the total cost down for us.
Price is $500/man for the hunting and lodging and the property has produced great numbers this season. The last group hunting the property was Thanksgiving weekend, so should be great.
I have 3 finished labs and 3 guys at this time.
Thanks,
Martin

Is this at a hunting lodge, etc.? Is there a web site with more details on the accommodations and hunting land? How many more guys can you handle? Or is 2 more the max?

This appears to be a reasonable deal, based on what U-Guide charges for some of their sites. The going rate per day (to hunt) seems to be about $150.

Good luck on finding a few hunters...

Thanks for the shout out. I think it is a great deal, we shall see. Just trying to get a rancher a few extra bucks at the end of the year. Good guy, good hunting!

OK guys, www.westriverroosters.com is the webpage for additional info.
Hoping to pick up a couple folks for a great trip.

I have never hunted this place, but I was in that area last week. We hunted in Jones county about 30-40 miles west of this area. We limited early one day, wed, so we took a little drive to see what we could see. I didn't see this particular place, I don't think, but the habitat in that area was incredible. We did see some birds in a couple places, but it was really cold -7 and cloudy so there wasn't a lot moving on the road. That seems like a good deal, and if I hadn't just come back I would love to go. I think I might as well stay up there. My wife would kill me:eek:

I think I might as well stay up there. My wife would kill me:eek:

She cant kill you if she cant find you!;)

I met David this fall in a pub in Chamberlain (never hunted at their place). He is a great guy from what I could tell over a couple beers and some snacks..

She cant kill you if she cant find you!;)

I met David this fall in a pub in Chamberlain (never hunted at their place). He is a great guy from what I could tell over a couple beers and some snacks..

Well, it must have been the beers. This was/is a dishonest operation, plain and simple. Would not recommend.
Martin

Well, it must have been the beers. This was/is a dishonest operation, plain and simple. Would not recommend.
Martin

Not to slander or anything, but I would sure like to hear more. Certainly by the website and where it was located seemed like a good deal. Sorry about your experience.

yes in looking at the map, it was still east of us a bit. Even though we traveled quite a ways that afternoon

Ok ?? I applaud your not wanting to call someone out in an online forum but can you give us a general idea what happened so others do not fall into the situation you ran into ?

Thanks.

I noticed on their Facebook page that they did not honor a auctioned hunt from PF in Johnson County. It was the only post for 2013!

I noticed on their Facebook page that they did not honor a auctioned hunt from PF in Johnson County. It was the only post for 2013!

Wow. That alone would make you a slug in my book. Years ago I hired a "local guide" in the redfield area. He claimed he had parts of 6 sections we could hunt. Most of the parts were 1/2 acre to 1 acre corners that I am sure got pounded by everyone that drove by. Birds were hot and hard to get close to. Pretty sure we were tresspassing in some spots. Didn't get a good feel overall so cut it short and took off. Live and learn I guess. At least this guy was cheap.

Back