Central SD Amazing

Wirehairs

I should have brought the Camera with yesterday. Went from Winner to Gettysburg and back. The wildlife out was just amazing! Easliy saw over 1000 pheasants and 1000 deer (Whitetail and Mulie herds of 50-100 or more) on the trip. The Bald Eagles (7) and hawks (numerous) were out circling and sitting in trees and fence post. I saw one lone coyote trying to sneek up on more than a hundred pheasants. He didn't have a chance in the wide open field of catching a pheasant, but I also didn't have rifle with either. There was plenty of roadkill pheasant to feed him and the birds of prey though. You could see them along the road and where the snow plow winged them into the ditch. The Central part of the state is doing just great the way it looks. There were spots though where I thought there were way to many Roosters and not enough hens. Who knows what the rest of the winter will bring weather wise but right now it is looking good.

Winter's over. All the snow will be gone by next week.

That's how it's looking down here too. High's in the 40's next week. Time will tell if this is going to stay or not. Still have a few solid weeks in winter here. :) 1pheas4

I should have brought the Camera with yesterday. Went from Winner to Gettysburg and back. The wildlife out was just amazing! Easliy saw over 1000 pheasants and 1000 deer (Whitetail and Mulie herds of 50-100 or more) on the trip. The Bald Eagles (7) and hawks (numerous) were out circling and sitting in trees and fence post. I saw one lone coyote trying to sneek up on more than a hundred pheasants. He didn't have a chance in the wide open field of catching a pheasant, but I also didn't have rifle with either. There was plenty of roadkill pheasant to feed him and the birds of prey though. You could see them along the road and where the snow plow winged them into the ditch. The Central part of the state is doing just great the way it looks. There were spots though where I thought there were way to many Roosters and not enough hens. Who knows what the rest of the winter will bring weather wise but right now it is looking good.

i see it every day when i drive from Pierre to work every day. I know what you mean, but ive gotten used to seeing this. but its impressive that the numbers of birds are still out there even though the harsh cold and snow couldve of done a number on the wildlife.

Mid 50s several days this week. The snow should be near gone. That will be nice.

Back