Cell Phone Problem

Dakotazeb

I'm having an issue with my cell phone and thought maybe someone on this site might be able to help. I have a LG Octane phone (it's not a smart phone). I've had it for about a year and the battery life has been great. I can go days between charges. All of a sudden my battery would barely last a day and several times I've found the phone completely dead. My wife has the same phone and no battery problems with her's. Obviously I figured the battery going bad so I bought a new OEM battery but the new battery isn't any better. I think it must be something in my phone.

I did read a post on the web of a guy having the same issues after trying to download a ringtone. Just so happens I tried to download a ringtone about the same time the battery started acting up. I never got the ringtone loaded but I did receive a txt from the web site and I canceled out.

Any ideas?

Even though your phone isn't a "smart" phone it can still connect to the internet so your phone is probably searching for a network or WiFi or something constantly and draining your battery. Figure out how to turn that off and you should be good.

Ditto what QH said.

Also check to make sure bluetooth is off.
Sometimes cellphones drop cell tower and the phone continues to search for the tower.
Bottomline you can always go to the cellphone store and get one of themto reset the phone for you.

Back