bumps like pimples

I have a new puppy its an english pointer about ten weeks old about a week ago i noticed these bumps on her stomach they were yellowish and you could sqeeze them and they would pop like a pimple now they are spreading on her back to her head.Please reply if you know what this is and know how to treat it,please only respond if you definately know what it is and how to treat thanks

It is most likely mites and the fact that you can squeeze stuff out is probably the mites waste from what they have eaten also the dogs body will produce more white blood cells at the site of the mites causing a puss like substance. It may also be allergies and most young dogs will get white bumps on there body mainly abdomin and head when thier bodies are building a tolerance to a certain allergy. If you have any questions just give me a call tomorrow or tonight if you are really worried. Also the vet should have something topical that is ok for the puppy at its age.

Corey

Your quite a ways north but do you have fire ants; also some types of mange will cause pimple-like sores. Good luck and I hope he gets better.

I had that on puppies once. I think it was some kind of insect bites that just festered in a puppy environment. Keep thngs clean but pups play in the dirt a lot. Thre vet was not concerned. I do not think it was mites.
________
Colorado marijuana dispensaries

Last edited:
Tony still gets that. He is allergic to the Volcanic Ash from MT. St. Helen's. Yes, there is still some around in the long standing CRP fields. A good bath and Triple Antibiotic Ointment controls it for him......Bob

pimples

Thanks forum for your response i have given her a good scrubbing with shampoo twice what kind of triple ointment bob she is definately allergic to something.

My young brittney has broken out twice with similar bumps, the vet said it was contact dermatitas. I have since realized that he may be allergic to the shampoo that we bath him with.

My wife got it at Wal-Mart and it is their brand. EQUATE". She likes it for her female care.......Bob

Back