Buck pictures

Labman

There was a thread on here about seperating 2 bucks a few weeks ago. I ran into 2 bucks with their horns interlocked in December, and wanted to post some pictures on here but it says the picture exceeds the size limit. I'm not very computer savvy, so my question is how do I reduce the size of the pictures so I can upload it to this site. Thanks

kool..I wanna' see them ;)

..assuming you're running windows,(lemme see if I can remember this correctly;P).. "Start"... "Paint"... "stretch and skew"(?) reduce to "50%"... "save"
If that is still too large, you might have to reduce them one more time

"HOPE" that helped ...:eek:

There is probably an easier way to do it but this is my way using Windows XP. If you go into the file with the photo you want "right click" on the photo, you should then see an option "Open With". From there select the link to "Microsoft Office Picture Manager". It will open the photo, at the top of the page click on Edit Pictures. You will get a drop down on the right side, select "Resize" and go from there. Since this is using Microsoft Office Picture Manager I assume you have to have MS Office on your computer. Good luck. If this fails just post it as an attachment and then we can click on the link and open it.

Last edited:
Well, here's 1 picture. Took me a while to do this one, not sure I'll remember how to do another one. I have a few, plus some video. But, here's one picture. My brother in law and me were able to get the buck pinned down and I sawed 2 points off, dangerous, would not recommend doing it. But, we saved one of the bucks lives. That felt good.

I posted this a few weeks ago, so just copied this previous post and pasted here.

I just experienced the same thing back in SD. 2 bucks, horns interlocked, one was dead, wrapped in barb wire, the other fighting to get lose. 2 of us were able to pin the buck down, very dangerous, and I used my handy leatherman I had just bought to cut 2 points off. He got up, and ran off. We watched for probably 25-30 minutes trying to figure out what we should do. Buck was so exhausted, we didn't know if he'd make it or not. We do have some video of this and pictures. We felt good about saving the buck, unfortunately the other one was dead before we found them. Great experience but dangerous. I almost got kicked a couple times while trying to cut the horns. You wouldn't believe how strong those bucks are.

The buck that was dead, hadn't been dead for very long as he was still warm, not stiff at all. It's sad to think how the buck would have died if we had not found them. We tried to get hold of my brother in laws dad for 25-30minutes, so he could get hold of the game warden, but we couldn't get hold of anyone. So after standing there watching this buck suffer for that long, we thought really hard about just shooting it. The buck would fight for about 30 seconds and then finally fall over. Once he fell over, my brother in law, whose a stocky fellow, got on his body and I got by the horns and started cutting. My plan was to cut from the dead bucks horns, but once I got down there and almost got kicked a couple times, I didn't know which ones I was cutting from and it ended up being the horns off the buck that was alive. Oh well, he got up and was able to run off awkwardly. Quite an experience, let me tell you.......

Picture of Barbed wire fence they got tangled in. As we were heading back to the trucks, we followed a blood trail from where they started fighting. Approximately 75 yards from the fence was a tree row, so they fought into the fence where they became tangled in the fence.

Have a farmer friend that last year he found two skulls locked together on his property. He talked to a warden and apparently it isn't too uncommon, this is the second thread here recently. Glad you managed to save one bucks life, and glad you didn't get injured. I think I would have done the same thing if I had the neccessary tools. Still pretty dangerous tho.

Labman, thanks for sharing, those are priceless moments not everyone gets too see firsthand!!!!!!!:10sign::10sign:

It's funny to, because I had just bought a new leatherman, hadn't even used it yet, and I wore it pheasant hunting that day just to have it with me. Being in the hurry I was while sawing through the horns, I bent the blade. Wasn't too happy about that because I'd heard such great things about that leatherman, and it's a $130 tool depending where you get it. 25 year warranty and all. Needless to say, it is a great tool, expensive one, and leatherman sent me a brand new one, so I was happy. It was my fault I bent the blade because I was in a hurry, but dang, I was nervous being down there with those sharp points and hooves kicking at me, etc.......
Wish I could get some video on here of it.

Back