Browning Feathers

High Brass

Anybody shooting a Browning 525, 625, or Cynergy Feather?

Please share the good and the bad.

Thanks

Bob

I have Cynergy Feathers in 20 & 12. ZERO complaints...the 12 hammers pheasant and is a pleasure to carry and the 20 is better than that. My brother has Lightning Feathers in 28, 20, 16, & 12. They are great guns as well. The 16 is sweet.

A buddy of mine has a 525. I like the grip angle of the 525/625 but in the field the Cynergy seems to be a little more versitile when handling.

I have a Cynergy Feather 20,28, 410 combo. I have only shot a box of 20ga through it so far. I love it. I was looking at the 525 Golden Clays. I love the nice wood and gold but the gun is very heavy and only shoots 2.75" shells(the 20ga I was looking at) I have a 12ga 3.5" camo Cynergy in shadow grass. I have shot 1000s of rounds out of it. Never a single problem

cynergy-4.jpg

Sodak09-2.jpg

Last edited:
OnPoint, judging by your photo, I now know why there are not any ducks migrating down here anymore......:thumbsup:

LOL, there were 5 of us hunting. Not everyday you can shoot a 5 person limit. We had two days in a row like this.

sdduckhunt2009-2-2.jpg

The old Cynergy was earning it's keep. In this pic, the Cynergy even took a dip in the pond saving my butt from going in over my head. Still never missed a beat all week. Awesome gun.

Last edited:
I use a 32" 625 Sporting for shooting pheasants in Springer Field trials. I love it but I wouldn't want to carry it all day hunting. (too heavy)

I can't comment on the Cynergys but I know the Citori field models have a very different stock dimension than the sporting models. Citori's work best for guys w/ short arms.

The important thing is buy a gun that fits you. It doesn't matter what other people think as long as it's well built.

I bought a 20 gauge 525 feather this last winter and got in a couple hunts with it. Nice and light without being too easy to swing off target. Since it was January, I shot 3" shells for pheasants, and you don't want to miss too many times--it will jar your shoulder pretty good. Still, one shot kills on late season birds my first 5 shots with it. I'll put up with a little recoil, for the lightness of carrying it through crp grass all day. I love the grip angle on the 525 feather. It is worth the money, to me.

I have a 16 GA Citori Lightning Feather which has become one of my favorite pheasant guns. With 28" barrels it carries nicely but hits hard with either RIO 1 1/8 oz 6's or Rem 1 1/4 oz 4's. Chokes used are IC/IC. For off-season clays, it is fitted with Briley 28 GA tubes.

Back