BrookingsCountyPheasantsForever banquet

Weimdogman

Some don't care for PF and that is their right. If you do and want to attend a great banquet March 22nd Swifttel Center Brookings S.Dak.
Starts at 5 wraps up around 9 30. Lots of raffles for good guns😉 live and silent auctions. Great food and drinks. We always have out of staters attend and gush over the quality of the items we give away and offer at auction.

received_288110036769381.jpeg

it's always the same old shit, spend money, spend money.
where is the transparency????? who gets this money?
what is it being used for? where?
if there is currently no plan, then it is likely going into chapter pockets.
this is why i quit PF long, long ago!

Nice post 94, can you be a bigger bag of ____ ? fill in the blank. Same crap you were slinging in another post, I now doubt you have ever been involved in PF. Go to a chapter banquet, read thier program and you will know what their goals are and where their funds are spent. Look at the financials, those are posted out there for all to read. You must not have read any of the posts in the other thread where you were a huge PF downer or just keep believing what you think you know. Google and read about the land acqusitions they have been apart of. Not sure where you are from and it doesn't matter, but if you hunt public ground it is possible the PF was a big part of it. Why come into this thread and restart your short sighted views here? Why don't you share with all, what YOU are doing to make things better, but do it in a new thread. I am pretty confident it will be a short one, quick to bitch & complain and no action...sound about right?? Mods, feel free to delete my rant.

Weim, looks like your fellas are holding prices better than some of the chapters. A real balancing act pricing the sponsorship levels and the perks that go with them. Attended Woodbury Cty last saturday, meet a fella that we knew a bunnch of the same people, he hadn't hunted for years (as most folks there it seems) but still wants to support the habitat organization. This saturday is Plymouth Cty, it is a bigger one as is Cherokee Cty, the weekend after Pheasant Fest. Better supported chapters have more funds, which means more programs/events/projects. Get out there fellas, do some networking and have some fun. My buddy bought his GSP at a PF banquet auction, something for everyone there it seems.

Last edited:
All of the money we raise stays here with the exception of the 35.00 yearly membership fee.
We support local youth in shooting sports-4H ,area high schools , and college . We have a annual youth hunt for kids that have taken the hunted safety course. We do college scholarships for present college students and this year we are adding a scholarship for a graduating high school senior for college.
We provide seed for food plots and pay a small amount to help. We have bought a couple grass drills for the conservation district to use in planting crp and other habitat cover. We have bankrolled at least 3 state properties. We can't own land and the state only deals in person/no auctions.State only pays a % of appraised value ,we have made up the rest. There is more.

As a group we have contributed to and planted pollinators plots that the public can enjoy. Kids have had class outings to plant and observe the biodiversity. We have given money to gf&p to improve plantings on public ground. We have given money to land owners to help with conservation projects like tree planting.
We give money to the local gunclubs-1 trap/skeet and a outdoor range -rifle/pistol/archery/shotgun. We support our local businesses and they support us. We buy sponsor gifts and give away merchandise and gift cards to help the local business community.
We donated 25000.00 to a city/county building the OutdoorAdventureCenter which has indoor ranges for firearms and archery. 4H is headquartered there as well as.local conservation officer and a state waterfowl biologist.
Our big goal is to be able to facilitate the purchase of more land for wildlife that the public can enjoy

If I lived closer I would go. Maybe if there's one in MN close to me I'll attend. Sounds like a good time. My buddy's kids hockey team in ND had a HUGE gun raffle to support the team. Something I'd never heard of before, gotta love the Dakotas :).

As a group we have contributed to and planted pollinators plots that the public can enjoy. Kids have had class outings to plant and observe the biodiversity. We have given money to gf&p to improve plantings on public ground. We have given money to land owners to help with conservation projects like tree planting.
We give money to the local gunclubs-1 trap/skeet and a outdoor range -rifle/pistol/archery/shotgun. We support our local businesses and they support us. We buy sponsor gifts and give away merchandise and gift cards to help the local business community.
We donated 25000.00 to a city/county building the OutdoorAdventureCenter which has indoor ranges for firearms and archery. 4H is headquartered there as well as.local conservation officer and a state waterfowl biologist.
Our big goal is to be able to facilitate the purchase of more land for wildlife that the public can enjoy
Sounds like your doing a great job of trying to create interest in the outdoors with youth, amongst other things. Nice work! If the youth are not interested in some form of outdoors, habitat, environment, hunting, recreation, etc. then I'm afraid that all things outdoors will slowly die away over time.

Have they missed you??

How much are tickets? Or is the $275 for two the deal?
The $275 would be for a sponsor membership. If you are already a PF member you should be able to just buy a $25 meal ticket to attend. That's the way it was when I was involved in the Brown County PF in Aberdeen. I'm sure Weimdogman can verify this.

Yes meal tickets are 25 each. PF wants you as a member that is 35 a year.
The 275 gets you 2 meal tickets ,pf membership, the sponsor gift-a nice heavy work coat- and you are in the drawings for additional sponsor only gifts. About 1 gift for every 12 sponsors. Those gifts average 300 each.

Yes meal tickets are 25 each. PF wants you as a member that is 35 a year.
The 275 gets you the sponsor gift-a nice heavy work coat- and you are in the drawings for additional sponsor only gifts. About 1 gift for every 12 sponsors. Those gifts average 300 each.
Awesome. Thanks for the info.

I just talked to 2 of our banquet guys out chasing sponsorships , they both said hey these guys went last year , or the last couple years and had a great time. They would be happy to do it again.

Bumping this up as it is next Tuesday night. This will probably be the biggest off season PF banquet you will ever attend. We are at 170+ sponsors , another 50 donors. Seating for 450+.

We are concerned about having enough help as we expect to need 50 workers. The venue also is concerned about their staff being adequate.

We have 35 guns to give away and another 6 just in case there is the demand for more. We would rather give a gun at a loss then to run out of places for attendees to spend their money.

My ugly mug will be up front handling sign ins. Ask for Mike the Locksmith if you come as I would love to meet you guys. Check out the Citori I am donating.

Sounds like you should have a good one! Our local chapter banquet is coming this Saturday in Cherokee, I have a friend on the banquet committee, it sounds like they should be ready and hopefully fill the venue.

Looks like all 4 of your questions were answered in a positive way.

Any response to the answers to your questions?

My question to you - Have you got a better alternative for an average like me to have a positive impact on pheasant hunting?

nope, hope your money is well spent. does the fact the CEO makes $340k annually bother you?
Not sure my money is well spent - dogs, training, dog food, gas, motel rooms, ammo, etc., but its OK with me. What I spend on PF is bug dust.

340k doesn't bother me even little bit when compared to other salaries made. Heck the college BB coach where I live makes $5M and his "season" is only 2 months. I still buy tickets.

Did anyone else notice the PF CEO (Howard Vincent) donated $100,000 to the "Call of the Uplands" current campaign? I see he was also listed as a "Gold Patron Member" ($25,000). Looks like this "little" non-profit organization generated over $98 million in revenue in 2021. '94, help me out on your problem with his salary and research what the average salary for this type of business should be. Wait, I think benelli-banger did this in another thread already where someone was bashing this (wasn't it you there also?), do you not read anyones posts other than your own? Someone said he should do the job for much less....looking at his giving back to PF, I will say he has a passion for this and puts his wallet where his heart is. His salary bothers me alot less than the people who bitch about it and do nothing for the habitat. If you read the PF journal, you would see what they are doing and a ton of good habitat & pheasant related articles, but most of the PF downers will never see the journal as they refuse to pay/donate the $35 membership fee, much less any other meaningful contributions. '94, PLEASE try to post something positive you are doing for habitat, instead of trashing on the organization that does so much toward this. Maybe save your opinions/posts regarding your dislike for PF to facebook or somewhere where the membership is PETA fans, it would be better received there and you sure won't hear from me then. I can't stop anti PF posts, but I am an unapologetic PF and Pheasant supporter/defender.

Last edited:
Back