Box or NO box? Recommend a 2 dog box/crate

Shawk

My previous dog loved her box... kept a box in the house and one stayed in my SUV during hunting season. My 6 yr old GSP is to good for hers (ha), thanks to my wife, but doesn't hate it either. I have another GSP coming and I'm thinking about getting a 2 door box for the back of my SUV (Toyota 4Runner) which might be handy for the times I might only run one at dog at a time???
From what I'm seeing online... the 2 dog boxes with storage look like they'd be handy. Thoughts with what you have experience with?? Thanks guys!

I have an insulated 2-hole,that's great in cold weather; however, I also have a 2-hole EasyLoader that only weighs 30 pds. I use the heck out of it. Easy to load in truck and keep it inside for my two GSP's in the winter. Google Easy Loader dog box.

Just an FYI...they come in two sizes: The Easy Loader and The Deuce. I bought the Deuce as it is the same height but is 7" narrower and 3" deeper. My GSP's don't need the width but the length is nice as they stretch out and sleep. The 21" height makes them lie down when traveling. If you buy one, remember to strap it down as it is very light.

I have an insulated one that I bought from bass pro a few years back, can't remember the make though. I love it, keeps the dogs warm in the winter and cool(er) in the summer. I can fit 4 springers in it and have even had a 100lb lab in one side before. It is heavy though, maybe a little too heavy for the back of a 4 runner.

I have an insulated one that I bought from bass pro a few years back, can't remember the make though. I love it, keeps the dogs warm in the winter and cool(er) in the summer. I can fit 4 springers in it and have even had a 100lb lab in one side before. It is heavy though, maybe a little too heavy for the back of a 4 runner.

http://s944.photobucket.com/user/quailhound/media/0327151937_zpspfi85yok.jpg.html

Thanks QH... looks nice... I'm not overly concerned about weight unless it gets to heavy to easily load & unload. The 4Runners can actually handle a pretty good amount of weight in the back. Thanks!

Back