Boot Help!

I tried the duck tape this afternoon and it seemed to work good but I wasn't able to give it a very long test. Took the dogs to a walk in area and had my 3 birds in about 35 mintues and could of had 2 more. It really helps to have some good dogs. My 2 Brittanys are a couple of pheasant finding machines lately.

I tried the duck tape this afternoon and it seemed to work good but I wasn't able to give it a very long test. Took the dogs to a walk in area and had my 3 birds in about 35 mintues and could of had 2 more. It really helps to have some good dogs. My 2 Brittanys are a couple of pheasant finding machines lately.

Now that's a tough problem to have Zeb. I feel for ya, I really do. ;) My Golden and I are heading out here in a bit ourselves. Gonna be a brisk and breezy one and I'll let you know how the new Pronghorns work out. Just in case, I'll be packing a roll of tape. :D

New Danner Pronghorns are not like the old....

Zeb. Yesterday was a rough one. Windy, cold, and skittish birds. The dog and I got our two but it was a battle. To top it off, I got the two biggest heel blisters I've ever gotten (and that's saying something!) on the tops of my heels. I should have taken preventative measures with some duct tape but didn't which is my own fault. That being said, they are much stiffer than the previous model of Pronghorns and I just hope they break down a bit or I'm gonna always be applying tape to my heels.

You confirmed what I have read about the new Pronghorns. They fit entirely different that the old design. Wonder why Danner did that as they had a comfortable boot. All they need to do was add the toe cap, why re-design the whole boot. I'll let you know what I think of the Big Horns I ordered. I suppose it will be a week before I get them.

If you blisters are pretty bad I try using Moleskin until you get them healed up. It will protect more than the duck tape. good luck!

You confirmed what I have read about the new Pronghorns. They fit entirely different that the old design. Wonder why Danner did that as they had a comfortable boot. All they need to do was add the toe cap, why re-design the whole boot. I'll let you know what I think of the Big Horns I ordered. I suppose it will be a week before I get them.

If you blisters are pretty bad I try using Moleskin until you get them healed up. It will protect more than the duck tape. good luck!

If thats true I'm pissed, I've had 2 pairs of Pronghorns and love them, they feel like a pair tennis shoes, other then the leaking problem I loved those boots, really no break in time, walk all day. That said mine leak like sieve, so I ordered a pair of Danneer Sharp-tails, all leather tops figured that wouldn't leak as easy, with a half season on them there OK but not as comfy as PHs, they seem to be wider and I have to wear thicker socks, a 7out 10.

They still sell the old model pronghorns on there website. I'll be interested to hear about the Big Horns also, they look like the old leather Pronghorns.

If thats true I'm pissed, I've had 2 pairs of Pronghorns and love them, they feel like a pair tennis shoes, other then the leaking problem I loved those boots, really no break in time, walk all day. That said mine leak like sieve, so I ordered a pair of Danneer Sharp-tails, all leather tops figured that wouldn't leak as easy, with a half season on them there OK but not as comfy as PHs, they seem to be wider and I have to wear thicker socks, a 7out 10.

The old style Pronghorns like you have are still available.

I'm so glad to read about the old Pronghorns still being available. I've never had one single blister from mine. They feel like a pair of Nikes. If they might quit selling them I may get a pair to keep in the closet till needed. I actually have a bud who is 20 yrs older than me who got a blister on his toe that got infected and he ended up losing his toe and part of his foot bone next to it. Good boots are a godsend.

I am trying to find the old style vs new style, but I'm having trouble (never owned them before) Can someone throw up some links?

Thanks
Chuck

I am trying to find the old style vs new style, but I'm having trouble (never owned them before) Can someone throw up some links?

Thanks
Chuck

Last Cabela's catalog I saw had the new style and old style. They referenced the old style as "The Classic" or something similar.

Duck Tape

Since I found out about using Duck Tape on your heels like Freebyrd said, and as shown in the Utube video I posted on this thread, my feet have never felt so good. Even if my heels aren't sore I've been putting on the Duck Tape as a preventative and it works great. And when you put it on don't worry about some of the wrinkles you get in the tape you will never feel them. Just make sure it's smooth on the back of your heel.

Since I found out about using Duck Tape on your heels like Freebyrd said, and as shown in the Utube video I posted on this thread, my feet have never felt so good. Even if my heels aren't sore I've been putting on the Duck Tape as a preventative and it works great. And when you put it on don't worry about some of the wrinkles you get in the tape you will never feel them. Just make sure it's smooth on the back of your heel.

Really glad to hear it's working zeb! On another note, the new version Pronhorns are finally breaking in. I'm still taking precautions with duct tape and bandaids for the original blisters but they're working for me now.

On another note, heading to Winner tomorrow night. I hope to have some pics and good reports!

Bad news guys! The old style Pronghorns are no longer listed on Danner's web site.

I ordered the Danner Big Horns's from Gander Mountain 3 weeks ago and still don't have them. Gander is still checking on it.

I have had several pairs of Rockys and hated all of them except one - the Outback. They've been extremely comfortable, remained waterproof for close to 20 yrs now and have worn like iron. All the others broke down, leaked and fell apart.

Back